Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 01:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
GPA: 3.68
WE: Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 22

Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 03:59
I just returned from exam and I'm ashamed of my score..I got very very bad score
Quantitative 44
verbal 21

My weakness is verbal, I think quant is ok. but verbal was very hard for me. what can I do? I don't think that I can improve my verbal score, It was almost maximum I could do. questions were so tricky.

Guys what do you think can I apply to Fordham or St. John with this score.

also I am thinking about retaking, but I'm so dismotivated and have no incentive...

Flying from shadow to the light

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 05:34
This post received
KUDOS
550 is actually St. Johns median score, so you should be fine there (depending on the rest of your profile.)

Fordham will be a bit tougher, their median is around 600, but you fall within their 80% (530-680), so if the rest of your profile is strong you have a shot.

If I were you, I'd try to take it again, cant hurt. If you get into the 600s maybe you'll be able to throw baruch on the list too.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 05:53
highwyre237 wrote:
550 is actually St. Johns median score, so you should be fine there (depending on the rest of your profile.)

Fordham will be a bit tougher, their median is around 600, but you fall within their 80% (530-680), so if the rest of your profile is strong you have a shot.

If I were you, I'd try to take it again, cant hurt. If you get into the 600s maybe you'll be able to throw baruch on the list too.

Good luck!

I do not know what to do, I want to appy this year, But I can one more years in any case.... If you have any info, Will I have job opportunities If I graduate St. John, Fordham or Baruch...

Some people say that If I decide to make MBA and be able to find job, I should Graduate Top ranked shools, like Stern, Columbia, Kellog and so on.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 06:10
This post received
KUDOS
paata01 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Good luck!

I do not know what to do, I want to appy this year, But I can one more years in any case.... If you have any info, Will I have job opportunities If I graduate St. John, Fordham or Baruch...

Some people say that If I decide to make MBA and be able to find job, I should Graduate Top ranked shools, like Stern, Columbia, Kellog and so on.

Well the stats are out there... My father went to St. John's part time and did well for himself, but that was in the late 80s, a different time.

Stats wise Baruch has 60% employment after 3months, fordham 32% and st. Johns 59%

Starting salary wise, Baruch 63,500+10K, fordham 80K+5K (st. johns doesnt publish that info)

it wont jumpstart your career like a top 25, but they are all atleast somewhat respected in NYC.

If the rest of your profile is solid, I'd take another year and try to get your score up. Its your call though.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [1] , given: 10

Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
I think Baruch is more respected in NYC. However, that score and your GPA should pose no problem for the schools listed. However, consider how much money you are planking down for an MBA and whether the ROI really is there.

Reward wisdom with kudos

Manager
Manager

Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :( [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 11:35
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help, I think I will retake exam one month later....one more question, I want Scholarship even 10 or 15%, would be great, on what factors does Scholarship and loans depend? As, I know one main requirement is good GMAT Score..

Re: Today I Took GMAT EXAM and... :(   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2012, 11:35