Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Today I tried CAT test(diagnostic) downloaded from mba.com

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Stern, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 2

Today I tried CAT test(diagnostic) downloaded from mba.com [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2008, 09:27
Today I tried CAT test(diagnostic) downloaded from mba.com and got 410 points, however I always thought I had strong skills in math but today I am frustrated. 410 points-what does it mean? am I so bad?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Awful results [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2008, 09:36
Fear not buddy. I took the test twice already, scored 410 in the first and 365 in the second. I have been practicing like a mad man and i'm in the low to mid 500s now on the practice tests. In my opinion, constant studying combined with the help of the genuises on this website can improve your score. Just post any questions you have, someone/a lot of people will give u different ways to arrive at the anwers. God forbid, you might not get into the 700-club, but u will certainly see an improvement in your ability to attack the questions.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Stern, Haas

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 2

Re: Awful results [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2008, 09:41
thanx, pal, I appreciate your support. I thought about your words and I think I will do exactly as you said, right from tomorrow I will work on my own! thanx once more if I increase my results I will give you to know.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Awful results [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2008, 10:06
it is more important to realize why you are getting questions wrong than figuring out how to do them correctly. gmat isn't difficult, it is tricky.

consistency is very important as well. getting a good score can be as simple as having the right test on the right day. i was scoring in the upper 600's on CATs then on test day scored in mid 500.

remember that the average test taker does not take it just once. be relentless in your efforts and you will be rewarded!

best of luck, my friend.
Re: Awful results   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2008, 10:06