Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Today's technology allows manufacturers to make small cars [#permalink]
08 Aug 2004, 14:28
100% (02:08) correct
0% (00:00) wrong based on 2 sessions
Today's technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time in their production history. (A) small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time in their (B) small cars that are more fuel-efficient than they were at any time in their (C) small cars that are more fuel-efficient than those at any other time in (D) more fuel-efficient small cars than those at any other time in their (E) more fuel-efficient small cars now than at any time in
1) Today and now are redundant. So, A and E are gone.
2) In the rest, "than they were" is a wrong comparision - it compares car's action. Actually, the comparision is between cars of today and cars (those) of anytime. So, B goes off.
3) Stuck b/w C and D. I'll go with C, since
- C does not have "their prodn history". Prodn history is common and not possesed (is this arg valid?).
- "to make small cars that more fuel efficient that small cars at any time" seems okay for comparision.
C it is. 1 min.
To me, D and E are out because they convey the idea that the manufacturers are making more fuel efficient small cars while the comparison should really be between yesterday's to today's small cars which are more fuel efficient.
A is redundant with Today's - now
B improperly compares the same cars throughout time which is illogical _________________
I dismissed A b/c A says that they make small cars now that are more efficient that at any time in their history. Phrase "at any time" means that today's cars are even more efficient than the ones they make now, which is bogus. Hence A is out.
http://blog.davidbbaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/12249800_10153820891439090_8007573611012789132_n.jpg When you think about an MBA program, usually the last thing you think of is professional collegiate sport. (Yes American’s I’m going...