Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: Todays economic news. [#permalink]
The one in Milton Keynes? :-D

togafoot wrote:
British sarcasm :wink:

solaris1 wrote:
I don't think we're talking about the same Hyde Park, togafoot. The one in Chicago is a lot less tony than the original in London. :)

Did you know Central Park (NYC) is a copy of my home town park... Birkenhead park.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
I sure hope that guy wasn't a Kellogg grad...

No, he wasn't.

https://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile? ... o_viewmore
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I recommend reading this:

HOW REAL WAS THE PROSPERITY?
https://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... ries_ssi_5
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Economic crisis or not, there is one thing that is clear as day to me at the moment. Banks are doing a mix of very specific hiring, or cutting in big numbers.

This is not the perfect time to be going on a summer. And this is the first time I have expressed concern about the picture. It is getting very ugly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Goldman May Fire 1,500 Workers in Annual Review

https://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... er=finance

Banks May Need $143 Billion for Insurer Downgrades

https://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
trader1 wrote:
Anyone follow Peter Schiff?

Excellent article. thanks trader1. +5.

I am a huge fan - this guy was dead on about the housing problems and the recession. I have been reading up on Jim Rogers and Ron Paul as well. It is difficult to trust any advice given out on Wall Street, but Peter Schiff comes very very close. Listening to Cramer 'feels' good because he speaks to the illiterates amongst us, but I am not sure if I can trust him that much.

trader1, I have been following your posts with great interest. If you think our community would benefit from having a dedicated forum for anything investing, I would be happy to set one up for you and others.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Praetorian wrote:
trader1 wrote:
Anyone follow Peter Schiff?

Excellent article. thanks trader1. +5.

I am a huge fan - this guy was dead on about the housing problems and the recession. I have been reading up on Jim Rogers and Ron Paul as well. It is difficult to trust any advice given out on Wall Street, but Peter Schiff comes very very close. Listening to Cramer 'feels' good because he speaks to the illiterates amongst us, but I am not sure if I can trust him that much.

trader1, I have been following your posts with great interest. If you think our community would benefit from having a dedicated forum for anything investing, I would be happy to set one up for you and others.

Actually, a forum on investing/trading/markets (whatever seems most appropriate) would be a good idea to allow folks to exchange different ideas and/or learn more about investing in markets.

Schiff has been on point. Been following him since 2005. Rogers is legend. As for RP, I love the guy. Most honest and sincere candidate out there.

If you like Schiff, you might like Jim Sinclair, one of my mentors. You can find him at https://www.jsmineset.com. He's a bit more, how can I say, eccentric than most financial commentators. However, his credentials and track record are not too shabby. Former Wharton b-school student, but dropped out.

Oh, and as for Cramer.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkrNJ19DSU
CEO
CEO
Send PM
trader1,

OK, I just created a sub-forum creatively titled Financial Markets in the B-School Life section. Feel free to participate. I will move some posts there. thanks for your contributions.

Good recommendations. I will update my reading list.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Quote:
Peter Schiff Named Economic Advisor to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jesse Benton

January 25, 2008 (703) 248-9115

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Newly appointed Ron Paul economic advisor, Peter Schiff, issued the following statement about Dr. Paul’s proposed comprehensive economic revitalization plan:

“We need a plan that stimulates savings and production not more of the reckless borrowing and consumption that got us into this mess in the first place. Ron Paul’s plan is the only one that amounts to a step in the right direction. If you want meaningful change - for the better that is - Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of delivering it. The others merely promise to continue the failed policies that are at the root of our current economic problems.”

Peter Schiff is president of Euro Pacific Capital Inc, and a frequent guest on CNBC, Fox News, and Bloomberg Television. He is often quoted in major financial publications and is the author of the book Crash Proof.

In the past Peter Schiff said the following of Dr. Paul: “Ron Paul is the real deal, a true statesmen and citizen politician in the traditions envisioned by the framers of our Republic.”

Mr. Schiff is available for interviews regarding Congressman Paul’s economic policies.

Congressman Paul’s comprehensive economic revitalization plan can be found online at: https://www.RonPaul2008.com/Prosperity
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6