Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 18:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOEFL 110 - Quick tips

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 09-18-2013
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
TOEFL 110 - Quick tips [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2013, 10:20
Hi,
I had given TOEFL in October in Bangalore centre in India.
I got a score of 110.
Breakup:
Reading - 29
Listening - 25
Speaking - 27
Writing - 29

I had spent only 3 hours preparing for the TOEFL, though I had spent about 3 months preparing for the GMAT.
The TOEFL is a pretty easy exam for people who have been using English as a means of communication during school, college and work life.

Some quick tips:
1. Being confident that you can easily crack the TOEFL is of utmost importance to your performing well in TOEFL. - This is very important.

2. Book the TOEFL well in advance( Lots of people take this, people who take GRE, GMAT, people aiming to go abroad on work visa, etc..) It is pretty difficult
to get the centre of your choice. In fact, I didnt get the Bangalore centre initially when I looked at the availability on TOEFL website.
But when I indeed tried to book a date, I found that a date was available at Bangalore itself. Probably they added dates later, maybe due to excessive demand.
So please keep a continuous watch on availability of dates.

3. The QuickPrep section on ETS website is a useful resource for people who have spent good amount of time preparing for GMAT to quickly familiarise with TOEFL pattern. I had spend about 2 to 3 hours using the material at this link. This was my overall preparation

4. There was some distraction at the test centre from neighbouring test takers. They might be taking the speaking section and you might be in the middle of Listening section. This might cause distraction and your concentration might go for a toss. Your listening section may suffer due to this. Make a conscious effort to avoid distraction during your listening section, because you dont have a chance to listen to the section again.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR TOEFL EXAMS!! :-D

Regards,

Prepabs
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
TOEFL 110 - Quick tips   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2013, 10:20