Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 01:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Toefl Debrief - 118

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Toefl Debrief - 118 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 23:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys. Just received my toefl score. I was shocked to see a 118 on the toefl website.
Score break up:
R - 30
L - 30
S - 29
W - 29

Though I was expecting a 30 in writing and around 20 in reading and listening due to the disturbance I had to face during the test, everything turned out to be great.

Materials used- Toefl official guides with test on CD's.
Also used cambrigde toefl guide for start of the preparation.
Speaking templates from noteful were handy and chineseburned awa template worked out pretty good.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Toefl Debrief - 118 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2014, 18:53
@Neverbackdown, what are yours considerations about Cambridge Prep. ? Some people discourage me to use them as looks more difficult than the real TOEFL, otherwise I also heard that this is the closest prep program to the real text.

What are your impressions about ?

Tnks.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Toefl Debrief - 118 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2014, 19:31
This post received
KUDOS
rmonth wrote:
@Neverbackdown, what are yours considerations about Cambridge Prep. ? Some people discourage me to use them as looks more difficult than the real TOEFL, otherwise I also heard that this is the closest prep program to the real text.

What are your impressions about ?

Tnks.

Hey rmonth. The content of cambridge prep differs from that of the official guides in a big way. But since I wanted to get a gist of the questions in TOEFL, I started my prep with this book. Plus like you said, it is a bit more difficult than the actual exam in that I never scored above 24-25 in reading and scored even as low as 19 in listening section.

So, I would suggest that if you have any other prep book, you should go ahead with that and not use cambridge. But please please dont ignore the official guides because these are the closest to the actual exam. your reading and writing scores will match up to +-1 of what you receive in official guide exams. For writing and speaking, just use the templates and you will be fine.

Let me know if you need more help.
Re: Toefl Debrief - 118   [#permalink] 17 May 2014, 19:31