Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOEFL EXPERIENCE, 99

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

TOEFL EXPERIENCE, 99 [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 00:28
Well all started around March, I had just 3 exams left for my bachelor degree so I was the right time to think about the future. From that moment on I realized that Italy wouldn't be in my future, too corruption, no job opportunities and meritocracy!

So I tried to figure out the best choice for me and for my girlfriend. The condition sine qua non should be a country in which I can improve my english so Sweden/Norway seems a good place..After a while I understood that Toefl was one of the requirements in order to enter in a Msc.
good!In Italy english is not at all widespread, in fact it was more or less 3 years I didn't touch an english book and the score required is 92, pretty high(78 is the italian average score).
So I started to gather some information, some books and I booked one month in London with Kaplan school, it was essential in order to improve my speaking skills.

anyway, it was a good experience, I studied hard in particular I needed to learn a lot of new words and so forth, but I don't recommend that school to anybody.

My exam was on the 16th of september, after 2 months and half of preparation(obviously not only toefl, on July I took my bachelor degree).

What did I use?

First day at kaplan they gave me 3 books:
-Kaplan Toefl Practice Drills
-Kaplan Toefl strategies book
-Kaplan Course Book
- 4 mock tests
- 8 cds

I used the cds+ practice drills and they were fairly useful.

-A lot of tips from this forum's section and I had to thanks a lot whoever contributed/contribues with some advice, stories and so forth.
- If someone wants a particular book in pdf, I have these:

-400 must have words
-Barron toefl essay book
-Cambridge preparation for the toefl test
-Official Guide
-english-test(lectures and conversation, useful!)
-kaplan ,longman, cambridge softwares(need alchool)
-a lot of speaking sample questions

ON THE TEST DAY:

-on that morning I woke up late, I didn't find a parking lot , I took a fine, I arrived a bit late for the exam, I didn't have breakfast .. Pretty bad day!!
-more or less the test resembled the kaplan mock tests, so no surprise.
- I had an extra listening section
- BUY EAR PLUGS!

finally they gave me 99, I know is not so good in this forum but for my standard and for Italy is pretty high. This was only a requirement to fulfill, next years I'm going to improve my english, I hope!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
TOEFL EXPERIENCE, 99   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2011, 00:28