Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOEFL for British citizen who never lived in UK?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
TOEFL for British citizen who never lived in UK? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 01:01
Does a British citizen who (mostly) never lived in an English speaking country and never took courses require a TOEFL score for UK/US universities even if he or she is bilingual?
Current Student
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 151

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: TOEFL for British citizen who never lived in UK? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 01:22
PadawanOfTheGMAT wrote:
Does a British citizen who (mostly) never lived in an English speaking country and never took courses require a TOEFL score for UK/US universities even if he or she is bilingual?

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the AdComs of each school.

It is not clear in their webs.

In Harvard it seems you'd have to take the exam. It is only exempt if your undergradaute was in English, and that's not your case.
Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from an English-speaking university are not required to take an English language test

However, In Wharton you woudn't
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all international applicants whose native language is not English

But anyway I believe you won't have any issue to score +110 ;), though you will have to spend 180 bucks.

Club-MBA - Comunidad MBA en español | Mi Blog "Mi MBA en Chicago Booth"

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: TOEFL for British citizen who never lived in UK? [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 04:19
Thank you, I'll contact adcoms of my target schools.
Re: TOEFL for British citizen who never lived in UK?   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2010, 04:19