Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 03:39
Hi, I know I have missed most of the deadlines for the top schools, but I was wondering if I can still apply to other schools for this fall? If so which ones?
I meant to apply next year, but I have sort of changed my mind - help please.
Current Student
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 09:17
Sodium wrote:
Hi, I know I have missed most of the deadlines for the top schools, but I was wondering if I can still apply to other schools for this fall? If so which ones?
I meant to apply next year, but I have sort of changed my mind - help please.

Sodium, you posted your question in a wrong forum. This is for MBA schools in Canada, South America, Asia, Australia and Europe, basically everywhere but the US. There is a separate forum for the US schools. People who go there will be able to answer your question better.

But do you really want to go to ANY school? Go to the ones that you would like to study at and check their websites for the deadlines. You shouldn't go to some school just because it still has a deadline open. The later the deadline, the worst school is usually. If the deadline is until July or August, that probably means that they take almost everyone who applies. If the school has a strict admissions, then they would take more time to sort the candidates out. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 09:29
You are right and I agree with everything you said. I just had a change of mind thought I should apply even though I know it wouldn't be the best decision :(
Perhaps I'll wait after all.
Current Student

Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 09:39
Sodium wrote:
You are right and I agree with everything you said. I just had a change of mind thought I should apply even though I know it wouldn't be the best decision :(
Perhaps I'll wait after all.

You could still apply but then your chances will be much lower than if you applied with the first rounds. If you think that you have a strong candidacy, it is worth of the try. But then you have to remember that most applications are quite extensive. You need to answer short questions, essays, get recommendations letters, transcripts, GMAT and so on. Can you get it all done quickly? The rushed application might not be as strong, and if you get rejected this year, it might be harder or impossible to apply next year (some schools don't like the rejects to apply again. Other don't mind). So you need to consider all these aspects. But you could still try. It really depends how confident you feel. People do get accepted in the last rounds after all. At least you can check out the application process and all requirements. And then take it from there.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8396 [0], given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 10:26
Expert's post
State schools often have deadlines that extend far out into June... you could try. Depending on your profile, it may be realistic.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 10:54
I think I'll wait, it's probably not worth the trouble. I might get into a better school next year. It's just that I'm now beating myself up for not applying for this fall.
Current Student

Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 11:38
At least now you have time to nail your applications and among the first ones! That also increases chances for a scholarship as scholarships tend to decrease with each round. You also have time to increase your working experience, improve your resume and do sometime extraordinary that will catch the admission's attention even more! Good luck!
Re: Too late to apply for Fall 2011? USA?   [#permalink] 11 May 2011, 11:38