Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Took first diagnostic and have some questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Took first diagnostic and have some questions [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 06:01
So I just took my first gmatprep diagnostic. I haven't started any studying yet, so I took it to see my strengths/weaknesses/where to start/where to focus.

I scored a 730, 96th percentile
Quant 49/60, 85th percentile
Verbal 40/60, 89th percentile
Integrated Reasoning 8

I unfortunately exited out of the exam before reviewing questions, so I don't know what I got right/wrong. After a bit of research, this appears to be an issue with the newest software. Has anyone figured out a way to see the breakdown? Is the only way to quickly retake the quant and verbal sections?

Second, I read up a bit on recommended GMAT books/study aids and I'm likely going with Manhattan GMAT. From the Best GMAT Books 2012 thread, I see:

Are these all separate books? Would the Quant and Verbal specific books cover anything not in the 8 base MGMAT Guides? Planning to order today or tomorrow on amazon prime and start preparing early next week.

Thanks so much for the help.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 180

Re: Took first diagnostic and have some questions [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 09:00
730 score with Q49/V40 is fantastic, especially when you are yet to start your studies!

All the MGMAT books you mentioned above are different. However, I think you will not need the Quant/Verbal foundations books as your Q/V diagnostic scores are descent. MGMAT Advanced Quant is good for the advanced concepts.

Thanks,
PraPon

VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
Tough RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 6

Re: Took first diagnostic and have some questions [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 15:19
With that score I would only buy the Official GMAT book, and focus only on the topics you know you need to improve. Maybe you could retake a diagnostic exam and track where you needed support.

Best and good luck!

Does this post deserve KUDOS?

Free Prep: Self-prepare GMAT for free and GMAT Math tips for free
Free Flashcards: Free GMAT Flashcards

More: "All I wish someone had told me about GMAT beforehand"
There are many things you want to know before doing the GMAT exam (how is exam day, what to expect, how to think, to do's...), and you have them in this blog, in a simple way

Re: Took first diagnostic and have some questions   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2013, 15:19