Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 14:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

took gmat the second time and scored lower....

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 18:18
Hey guys,
I took the GMAT back in December and did alright with a 640. It was enough for me to get in the school I wanted. I applied for it and got in. I scheduled for my 2nd GMAT to see if I could improve on my GMAT anymore. Although my first score was fine, I was thinking to try to take it again and see what happens. I felt that I can't possibly do any worst than a 600. Today I came back from the center and I am devastated and disappointed with my score. Yikes.... 480.....I bombed on the test this time. I did the worst I ever did. My question is would schools see my second score and discount my first score. I know most of them take the highest, but would they see the 2nd score and would that effect the way they perceive my first one? I sure hope they don't feel I got lucky the first time and disregard my first score. Any information I will greatly appreciate.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 438 [0], given: 210

Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 18:55
Dont worry - even if the schools were to see this score, most of them would only consider your highest score. If you are already admitted to one, and are matriculating from it, you shouldn't worry about it.
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 66

Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 18:57
well to be frank it is the other way around.Just analyse what went wrong verbal/quant.Was it because of lack of practice ,out of touch?how did your gprep go?Because one thing is for sure.Gmat is getting harder and harder what it was a year ago as said by many ppl.Dont get disheartened.In my opinion,apply to the school,they will definitely have a look at the score and so better be prepared for the reasoning.If you have time,go for the shoot.If you have done well first time,u will do better provided you put on more effort.Ultimately hard work pays.Check out neelesh post.Happy gmatting!!!Dont worry...i knowits difficult...most of us have gone through this phase....but dont give up!!!All the best.
Director
Director

Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 18:59
hey bsd lover.U just posted a while ago...hope you doing fine...finding tough to get time as getting busy with work.Thought why not utilize Sunday.So giving a second shot at Gmat?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 438 [0], given: 210

Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2008, 19:14
Suyash, I am not sure if I will retake the test yet. I am just taking it easy - trying to understand some fundamentals that I ignored on my first attempt. What about you ?
Director
Director

Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower.... [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2008, 02:24
oh have to give as scored 610 on my first...working out on my verbal more.Hope things turn out better this time.
Re: took gmat the second time and scored lower....   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2008, 02:24