Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 14:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOOK GMAT TODAY !

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
TOOK GMAT TODAY ! [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2004, 05:09
hi, everybody i did it today but unfortunately cancelled the score, cause i just lost stamina during the math section. i slept very bad and was tired in the morning. i will tell my experience the next days. i have my next date in the middle of january. but i can say that the most important thing is YOUR condition and especially concentration and motivation. christoph :x
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2004, 19:20
hi, sorry to hear about you bad experience. don't be hard on yourself, loosing sleep is one of the worst things that can happen to anyone sitting for a test. i remember last semester i went to this party on reading day and my final was next morning @ 9. i slept for like 4-5 hrs and felt really weak and spaced out i almost failed. anyways get some good sleep next time. good luck on your next attempt.

kayser
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2004, 03:08
here is my experience:

AWA:
very easy. no problem with that. i was optimistic for the math section.

MATH:
the first five questions were easy. the fifth question was a probability question, which was very similiar to the ones of the delta course. this question already made me struggle. but i tried not to think about it. the seventh question was a combination problem, which was also not that difficult, but it was my "stumbling block". i lost my stamina and already thought about to cancel my score. i totally lost my grip and my motivation. in the middle of the math section i couldn`t even understand easy questions.

VERBAL:
i decided to cancel and was so frustrated that i just looked at some verbal questions. RC was tough with a hard science text about astronomy. i couldn`t remind the other questions, but they weren`t that tough but with lots of text especially CR.

RESULT:
my next date is in two weeks. i really have to work on my stamina !!! i am not quite sure what i have to study in the next two weeks. i dont want to go through the same questions again, cause i already know them (kaplan, PP, PR, OG, some papertests).

any suggestions what i should do within the next 2 weeks ? i thought about the challenges of gmatclub and some questions of the forum ? i also though about the online-test of kaplan or pr. need some advice ! thanx, christoph.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2004, 08:55
hi christoph,

don't loos faith in yourself - you can pull it off. building stamina and confidence is tought but not impossible. do some paper tests and online tests in their ENTIRETY. time yourself everytime you practice questions. do blocks of 41-37 questionsand time yourself. this wil simulate the test and the more you practice like this the more the real test will seem like a breeze. hope that helps and good luck on your next attempt.

kayser
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2004, 01:54
yeah, you`re right !!! happy ny !!!
  [#permalink] 31 Dec 2004, 01:54