Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Status: Rotterdam Erasmus; McGill Desautels UBC Sauder - Admitted
Schools: ISB, INSEAD, Harvard, Warton
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 34

Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ?? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2011, 10:58
Hi,

I took my GMAT exam today and scored 680. Though I was targeting 730+ as I'm not a native English speaker, unfortunately couldn't reach up to the mark. Since all my MGMAT and GMAT prep exams had averaged around 680-690, so can't complain much about it.

1) Guys, now i need sincere help and suggestions to move on with the admission process. I've a 26 months of experience in IT Industry with a moderate profile (2-3 leadership example to quote only :( ).. so kindly suggest which colleges will be best suitable for me to apply with a 680 score, and also their popular stream.

2) I'm not much clear about the GMAT Round1 and Round2 policy also. So any inputs on them will also be appreciated.

3) Since its already Aug 22, 2011, so aint I having too short notice period of time to apply for GMAT R1 colleges?? And please suggest me some good counselors in Pune.

4) Is TOEFL necessary for admission to GMAT colleges. If yes, what should be the best time for me to give it?

-- Because beauty Lies in the Eyes.. So donate those eyes :) :)

KUDOS if like the post ... ;)

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 288 [0], given: 11

Re: Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ?? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2011, 10:59
Hi Amit,

1) Where do you want to study - Asia / Europe / US or mix of all? The college selection will depend on this

2) I would suggest you try and meet the R1 deadlines for most places you apply to. It will help your chances of success.

3) You can apply to most colleges in R1 - there is still enough time to do that

4) TOEFL is not essential for all colleges, especially if you have studied with English as the medium of instruction, but some might need it. You can choose to take it now if you need to.

GyanOne | http://www.GyanOne.com | +91 9899831738

Get a free detailed MBA profile evaluation

Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions blog

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ?? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2011, 11:54
Yes its very nice score. Congrats and you can go on an apply for fall 12.....

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Took GMAT today 680 (Q49 V33) - what next ??   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2011, 11:54