Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Gmat score [#permalink]
I would say that %90 of ALL B-schools will admit a student with a 630, dont waste your time and money taking it again unless your applying to HBS. Just apply and start school, remember, thats the point...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all

thanks for your kind words.. i am thinking of attending schools in the top 20 ...i wanna ideally be applying for fulltime but id rather do parttime and goto a good school .. here is a brief profile of myself:

Will have 3 1/2 years work exp when applying in August .. work exp as web developer at Disney
B.S. from USC in Comp Eng and Computer Sci GPA low at 3.0
GMAT 630 V34 M43 AWA6

Its partly because of my low GPA that i feel i need a better score than a 630 to have a shot at the good schools. However, it is not that i havent been preparing before. i dont know how much further i can improve. Regardless if it doesnt look bad to take the GMAT thrice then i guess i should take it.. any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you want to get the Sentence Correction down, get a copy of The Bedford Handbook. You can Froogle (https://www.froogle.com) the 4th Edition for about $8. If you spend a week with it you'll make a quantum leap in Verbal, SC especially.

I probably wouldn't bother taking the test, though. You're already in the 80th percentile. Unless you're at the low end of the GPA or work experience scale of the program you want to apply for, there probably isn't that much of a tangible benefit for you.[/i]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: Took Gmat twice 590, 630 - Should I take it a third time? [#permalink]
pytheian wrote:
If you want to get the Sentence Correction down, get a copy of The Bedford Handbook. You can Froogle (https://www.froogle.com) the 4th Edition for about $8. If you spend a week with it you'll make a quantum leap in Verbal, SC especially.

I probably wouldn't bother taking the test, though. You're already in the 80th percentile. Unless you're at the low end of the GPA or work experience scale of the program you want to apply for, there probably isn't that much of a tangible benefit for you.[/i]

I agree. I found bedford to be very helpful. You should give it a try
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Took Gmat twice 590, 630 - Should I take it a third time? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts