Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Took it twice..300 in Jan'06 and now 470 in Sep'06

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 18:09
Kurt,

Don't delay buying MGMAT - go and get the series. They're good for getting you ground up.

kurt22 wrote:
Hi guys.. Please suggest me some good books.
I have OG 10 , 11.
PR 2007
Kaplan Premier Program 2007.
NOVA GMAT Prep.

I am planning to buy MGMAT books now. Please suggest the best ones..

MGMAT SC is already on my list.

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 20:41
just make more practice.
I increased my score from 350 to 590 in 3 months period (August thru November). so I believe nothing is impossible when it comes to GMAT. :roll:
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2006, 08:44
I was told MGMAT CR and RC books were so so...means not so good..
so i want to confirm whether i should buy them also?
I came across a book called Veritas for Perm&Comb. Quant.. should i buy that book too?

Thank you guys..
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2006, 09:00
don't know about Veritas book, but you won't miss anything if you skip MGMAT RC/CR book... I didn't even bother reading it... their strategies in those sections are not that great.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 03:06
kurt, this book is the proverbial s**t when it comes to algebra:

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Algebra ... 0471530123

if the MGMAT books are worth their weight in gold, then this is worth its weight in platinum - it really is that good. if you don't believe me, then read the reviews on amazon, they are testament to how good it is. I don't think i've ever seen a book with as much unanimous praise as this one.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 09:32
londonluddite wrote:
kurt, this book is the proverbial s**t when it comes to algebra:

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Algebra ... 0471530123

if the MGMAT books are worth their weight in gold, then this is worth its weight in platinum - it really is that good. if you don't believe me, then read the reviews on amazon, they are testament to how good it is. I don't think i've ever seen a book with as much unanimous praise as this one.

thanks dude.. but i think it contains stuff beyond GMAT.. is it true??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 10:15
Yea that is true, but i like to think of it this way - if you pratice running a marathon, doing a half marathon will be a piece of cake :-D. I would say the first 6 chapters are very useful (there are about 10 total). It does spend quite a bit of time on bad ass quadratics, but this makes the GMAT stuff look like childs play.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 12:33
:wall

I m not yet done with you gmat!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

to Kurt22 [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2007, 22:10
You say, correctly, that you don't want to study algebra for the sake of algebra, but you want to stay focused on the GMAT. You have hit on one of the key problems with self-study. Because most people do not have extensive experience with the GMAT, they study material widely out of the boundaries of the test, or material that is so very restricted, it misses the more "foundational" types of questions on the GMAT.
GMAX Online was specifically designed to teach the material within the entire scope of the GMAT, not leaving anything out, and not broadening it beyond the test. The methods used begin each topic from the start, so the student truly learns the foundations of the material and can do the hardest questions on the test - the ones that demand complete understanding of the subject and not just some tricks or formulas. The GMAT course is long: many students study with it for more than 80 hours. And there is extensive homework that should be completed. But because of the unique style and delivery methods (check out a few demo lessons on this website under "test prep reviews" for GMAX Online on the home page - you'll find links to the demos about half-way down the review) students do very well. There are posts in this forum, and in others, of students getting well over 700 just with GMAX.
Since all your grades are visible to the universities when you apply, it is very important that you take this test seriously and do not show a poor grade - even if it is your first grade. Some universities assume that you know they will see all your grades and that they will receive and read your GMAT essays. So study properly, and do not go for the test until you know that you will do well.
The best of luck.
Leanna
Director, GMAX Online
http://www.gmaxonline.com
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2007, 08:23
Wo! Thanks Leema!~!

And hey i want to study only what the GMAT tests.... :wink:
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2007, 09:16
Just be yourself is all that you can do..................
  [#permalink] 01 Mar 2007, 09:16