How bad you ask? I am embarrased just thinking or writing it here - a whopping 460!!!!!! (Q - 25, V - 28) I could NOT believe my eyes when I saw the score, I was frozen for 5 minutes. I thought I could at least get a 600. And worst of all, I did NOT cancel the score. I couldn't even sleep or think yesterday cuz I was so depressed. Then I found this FORUM!!
Here are couple things that I did wrong:
1) Qua - I did not pace myself at all. I never took a practice test before the test (yeah I know, what was I thinking?) I spent too much time early on (Q4-10) on killer questions. As a result, I kinda of panicked because I knew I spent too much time, as I panicked, I could not think clearly. I think I had to guess about 10 questions towards the end; and worst of all, I did not get to the last 2 questions!! After going through the OG after I got home, I noticed that there were two questions that appeared on the OG that appeared on the test!!! And no, I don't think I got them right.
2) Verbal - I thought I did OK. There were no HARD questions. And I usually were able to use POE to eliminate alot of answers. The RC weren't as long as I thought it would be. I finished this section just in time.
Here is what I have done before the test:
1) I took PR classes roughly two years ago when I just graudated from college.
2) I started studying around 3 months ago while still working. I first went through and re-did all the problemes for the PR Manual. Then I did and did all the problems in the OG (Finished the Quant, DS, SC, CR) and went through the answers in the back.
3) I memorized all the idioms and the rules of divisibility, etc.
4) Never taking a single CAT practice test hurt me bad.
I noticed that I was stuck on the questions that bothered me on the practice sets in the real test yesterday. So I need to work on those.
I'm going to buy the 800score.com practice test, and I'm going to get a Kaplan
book. Then I'm going to go through the math section again in the OG.
I need to get at least 680, which I thought was improbable before joining this forum. But this forum has given me some hopes!!! ALl these amazing stories are just really inspiring..
Any suggestions or tips would be helpful!
Thanks for reading!!