Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Took the test today and I am extremely dissapointed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Took the test today and I am extremely dissapointed [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2005, 20:53
Hey all, I saw this page linked on BW's forum's and think I have found a new home to keep me occupied throughout the day :)

I have been studying off and on for about a month. Mainly used some Kaplan books and the Official Guide. I think my problem was I didnt set a strict study regimine and I focused more on re-learning algebra and geometry than on doing sample problems.

Anyhow, I got a 620 (35Q, 40V) and am extremely dissapointed. I actually ran out of time on the math and had to guess on the last 2 questions blindly. I have signed up for another test on 8/20 and plan to focus on math for the next couple of weeks to improve my quant score.

I plan on checking out the math pages, but I was curious if anyone has some specific recommendations on improving the math scores?

I look forward to participating in these boards into the future.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2005, 21:27
Relax ! It is easier to beef up Math score than verbal. U already have a gr8 verbal score so focus on Math. Start with Math forum and try to engage in all posted questions. After two weeks start participating in "Math Challenges" in the forum. "Challenges" are the gr8 way to take ur Math score to new hights. If possible, buy challenge archives, which gives u access to all old challenges. Last but not least, don't ignore verbal, keep practicing that too.

Challenge Link: http://www.gmatclub.com/challenge/

Good Luck !
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2005, 21:31
banerjeea_98 wrote:
Relax ! It is easier to beef up Math score than verbal. U already have a gr8 verbal score so focus on Math. Start with Math forum and try to engage in all posted questions. After two weeks start participating in "Math Challenges" in the forum. "Challenges" are the gr8 way to take ur Math score to new hights. If possible, buy challenge archives, which gives u access to all old challenges. Last but not least, don't ignore verbal, keep practicing that too.

Challenge Link: http://www.gmatclub.com/challenge/

Good Luck !

Thanks for the positive response. I am sitting at home sulking since my gf works tonight :) I swore I would not study tonight and just relax but I have been looking at the math sections and reading the threads. This site rocks and I look to be an active participant. Hopefully my client is not sniffing their network traffic during the week :)
  [#permalink] 16 Jul 2005, 21:31