Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 11:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

/

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.87
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 11:45
/

Last edited by towski on 24 Oct 2013, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 535 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Top 10 MBA profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 01:32
Expert's post
Well you have a very diverse and interesting profile. (professional video game player!!! Very cool! I have never seen this before), and a totally full-on extracurricular section, which is very rare. Super grades all over, and TONS of education. (although you will have to sculpt a story for the Adcom which will make use of these degrees, to make your story make sense, ensure the AdCom that you aren't simply "collecting degrees"). So you are a good basis for top schools.

The obvious weak point is the GMAT, but you are retaking, so no need to go on about that. At this point, the last key item left to make your application stellar is your work experience. I haven't yet got a feel for what sort of achievements you have or how your career is moving along, but I feel that any sort of promotion, grand accomplishment, etc. in your workplace is at this point likely the thing that will hep you most (beyond the GMAT). So do what you can to suggest initiatives, deal with clients, train others, take leads where you can at work. (I do understand that not everything might be in your control, but what you can), and those will probably be the most effective things to boost your profile.

As for additional school suggestions: It depends on what you are looking for: Do you want to be in a big city? Do you care about location? do you prefer case study programs? etc. etc. what are the characteristics you are looking for? Because if you are looking for "top schools" there are plenty.... WHICH top schools is the question!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

/

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap