Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 17:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top 10 mistakes I made to score LOW on both GMAT trials!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Top 10 mistakes I made to score LOW on both GMAT trials!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 13:08
Greetings everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all the members of this forum. It's a great forum, the information here is absolutely priceless.

I want to share my story with the current members and the future GMAT takers to learn from the mistakes I made. I did not score high in both trials (Yes, I wrote the GMAT twice already). I don't think that any B. School would accept me with that score.

Anyway, here are the 10 mistakes I made to score low:

1. I did not believe in my self that I would score high.

2. I did not get some rest before the day of the GMAT

3. I studied new information before the day of the GMAT (Both tests)

4. I did not take the practice tests on the same time on which I was supposed to take the real GMAT
- A piece of advice if you are not a morning a person, don't schedule your GMAT early in the morning (Yes, I made this mistake)

5. I just practiced so many problems but did not go through them effectively

6. I did not get involved in the forum as I'd suppose to.

7. I did not take a class (neither online or a regular class room).
If you really think taking a class will help you to score high, sign up for ONE!!
Check in the forum for the best online or class GMAT ( I can definitely say that Manhattan GMAT is really good because they have a curriculum. Also Kaplan is good. However, MGMAT beats Kaplan for sure.)

8. I did not focus on what I knew and how I could master it, but on what I didn't know and did not learn it well.
Let me illustrate, on the GMAT I had 2 questions in Quantitative on Coordinate Geometry and I didn't know how to solve them. Coordinate Geo is something that I always know, so I didn't go over this section because I got almost every question right during my practice. It would be better to study what I knew and what I did not know.

9. I timed my self for almost every practice but I was lenient. I would 2 or 3 more minutes. NO, Please don't do this. It's not effective studying for the GMAT. I needed to learn SPEED.

10. I needed to RELAX!! So please, just RELAX. This is not the end of the WORLD. I am still alive an healthy.

Many of you might be wondering why am I sharing this people. Simple answer is to help others not to make the same mistakes I made, and to share my story with this forum. Also, failure is not a permanent thing. Here is something else, I want to share with you, some people actually teach their failures for money. Matter fact there was a business owner who lost $5 Million Cash in the Silicon Valley and taught people how not to lose a large amount of money in the Valley to make some $$. He did not stay home and cried (You get the picture). BTW I am not asking you for you money, I am sharing this for free. This is something for those who want to be business owners in the future, if you lose money, you can teach people how not to lose it and make some instead.

Finally, sorry for the long post. I hope that these information can help you somehow to score high.

GOOD LUCK.

Best Regards,

Adam A.

PS. Please don't mind my grammar and my spelling error. As a proof to that, I did not score high in the verbal section on the GMAT. :)

Last edited by andalli on 29 Apr 2010, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 16

Re: Top 10 mistakes I made to scored LOW on both GMAT trials!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 14:31
thanx for sharing
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 09-17-2011
GPA: 3.22
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Top 10 mistakes I made to scored LOW on both GMAT trials!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 14:51
I commend your attitude! I am committing same mistakes as stated above, Thanks a lot for sharing 'em, its helped me and I am sure its gonna help others too.
Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: Top 10 mistakes I made to score LOW on both GMAT trials!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 16:00
It's a great feeling to hear that my insight will help others.
Good Luck to both of you DAYNE and York101.
Re: Top 10 mistakes I made to score LOW on both GMAT trials!!   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2010, 16:00