Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 04:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 71

top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 17:20
music artists that most suits your taste. for me, i grew up in a different background so i found hard rap to be most beneficial when i was studying for the GMAT :-D

1. Rick Ross
2. Diplomats/DIPSET (Jim Jones, Cam'ron, Hell Rell, Juelz Santana, Freekey Zekey) ---- the REAL OG (no it does not stand for "Original Guide" :P )
3. Snoop Dogg
4. Biggy
5. Dr Dre (can't forget about them lol)

So there ya go, I kicked it off. Keep it flowin.

On a side note, and this is kind of off-topic (how suitable lol) but does any feel that the new hits coming out is kinda nappy and soft? It's killing me hearing these new soft "hard rappers" (sigh) it just ain't what it used to be. 90's and early 00's was where it was at :-D

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 356

Kudos [?]: 1448 [0], given: 202

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 17:35
Expert's post
Quote:
Dr Dre (can't forget about them lol)

Bow wow wow yippee yo, yippee yay.

1. The Beatles (I either belong in kindergarten or in the 80s)
2. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3. Lady Gaga
4. Bob Dylan
5. Simon and Garfunkel

There's like 5000 more artists. But really, these are the ones that I listen to most often (in English, at least). :)

Let it be.

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2011, 02:47
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:
Dr Dre (can't forget about them lol)

Bow wow wow yippee yo, yippee yay.

1. The Beatles (I either belong in kindergarten or in the 80s)
2. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3. Lady Gaga
4. Bob Dylan
5. Simon and Garfunkel

There's like 5000 more artists. But really, these are the ones that I listen to most often (in English, at least). :)

Let it be.

i still don't understand why people like #3. just goes to show, sometimes no talent is talent I guess :roll:

Expert Post
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2011, 05:31
Expert's post
Oh quite the contrary. She is very, very talented. Her style of music is a bit ... weird and frankly, she tries to be the next Madonna but she's got an amazing voice and she writes fabulous music (like, raw music - the videos and content/lyrics are another story)

I'm a very ... classical person. I've been playing the piano for like nine years. I'd have said Bach and Einaudi but theyre not really music "artists" :P

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2011, 09:07
hey, finally a post i can relate :) well for me, it's grunge/alternative/modern/indie rock all the way. i am a big fan of 90's to early 2000 music, i think it's one of the best music era ever :P although i have to say, the indie scene right now is really picking up, i am lovin' arcade fire, the kills, death cab for cutie, broken social scene, etc.

so here's my list:

1) A Perfect Circle
2) Pearl Jam
3) Tori Amos
4) Smashing Pumpkins
5) Radiohead

Well actually, it's only top 3 for me, the 4th and 5th can vary/change depending on my mood. It can change to U2, Bjork, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, PJ Harvey, the Pixies, Hole, Nirvana, Deftones and so on and so forth.

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2011, 22:37
whiplash2411 wrote:
Oh quite the contrary. She is very, very talented. Her style of music is a bit ... weird and frankly, she tries to be the next Madonna but she's got an amazing voice and she writes fabulous music (like, raw music - the videos and content/lyrics are another story)

I'm a very ... classical person. I've been playing the piano for like nine years. I'd have said Bach and Einaudi but theyre not really music "artists" :P

so basically she's a wanna-be madonna lol :P my sister was listening to one of her songs today while driving and i couldn't really stand it. just not my cup of tea if you will. each person is different. i'm pretty sure you'd say the same about jim jones if you ever heard some of his lyrics.

Intern
Intern
Status: If I play my cards right, I can work this to my advantage
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 11-12-2011
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 11

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 02:56
depends on the mood i am in 8-) i've started my prep so pretty choosy about what im listening ....

After Exams - Death Metal is the best currently i'm digging Sepultura / Enslaved :twisted:
During Math when i need the kick nothing beats AC-DC / Psychadelic Trance

For Corrections and Key check / introspection - Agalloch, Porcupine Tree :wink:
Expert Post
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 09:55
Expert's post
vwjetty wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:

so basically she's a wanna-be madonna lol :P my sister was listening to one of her songs today while driving and i couldn't really stand it. just not my cup of tea if you will. each person is different. i'm pretty sure you'd say the same about jim jones if you ever heard some of his lyrics.

Nah, it's quite easy to stereotype people that way. I'm just saying she writes really good raw music. :)
Manager
Manager
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 94

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 18:47
guys do you know any arabic singers ? :-D

How can i lose my faith in life's fairness when i know that the dreams of those who sleep on the feathers are not more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep on the ground? - Jubran Khaleel Jubran

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2011, 20:41
whiplash2411 wrote:
vwjetty wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:

Nah, it's quite easy to stereotype people that way. I'm just saying she writes really good raw music. :)

haha.....no wonder Lady Gaga's music divides opinion like few other things can. :) ...how's this for a shocker... Howard Stern says he enjoys Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus too and he admitted most people would be surprised to hear that since his favorite band happens to be "the Beatles"...

My five favorite artists:

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Coldplay
Death Cab for Cutie

Am heavily inclined towards the 70's music... :P :wink:

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 08:49
indeed. her music is quote the controversy.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 09:30
This post received
KUDOS
1. Armin Van Buuren

2. Tiesto

3. David Guetta

4. Paul Van Dyk

5. Dash Berlin

Electronic music gives me energy and inspiration :)
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2011, 19:24
1) The Beatles
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Jay-Z
4) Tool
5) Tie between Beethoven and The XX

https://haas.campusgroups.com/veterans/home/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 02:08
good idea keep it up.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 21

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 12:14
1. Johann Sebastian Bach - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Ludwig van Beethoven (listen to them while I study for gmat :D)

2. Bob dylan (my fav)

3. Johnny cash

4. Karen carpenter

5. Pink Floyd and ABBA
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 03:10
Hi...,Nice post.
Here's my list:
1.Dr Dre
2.Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3. Tori Amos
One of my favorites....

Alexandro

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 19:24
Bach
Mozart
Chopin
Beethoven
Rachmaninov

Aim for the sky! (800 in this case)
If you like my post, please give me Kudos :)

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha) [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 17:36
1. Common Sense
2. Lupe Fiasco
3. Jay Sean
4. David Guetta
5. Carlos Santana
Re: top 5 artists (we're going w/ the flow of top 5 movies haha)   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2011, 17:36