Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 16:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top-5 US b-schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 05:33
What do you consider to be the top-5 MBA programs in the US? I know there're many rankings out there, but what do you think?

Here's my list:

1-3. HBS/Stanford/Wharton
4-5. Kellogg/Booth/Sloan/CBS
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300
Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 05:38
Your post highlights the problem with focusing on rankings - there is somewhat of a concensus that there are seven top five b-schools in the US.

I think its safe to say that the schools you mentioned along with four or five more schools are probably the best in the US.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 09:41
Gil wrote:
Your post highlights the problem with focusing on rankings - there is somewhat of a concensus that there are seven top five b-schools in the US.

I think its safe to say that the schools you mentioned along with four or five more schools are probably the best in the US.


Interesting. I wasn't aware there was an established T-7 list for b-schools; I may have heard of one for law schools, though. I was really just asking for personal opinions in my post, not official rankings.
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 216
Location: Evanston, IL
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 2

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 10:11
milias wrote:
Interesting. I wasn't aware there was an established T-7 list for b-schools; I may have heard of one for law schools, though. I was really just asking for personal opinions in my post, not official rankings.


The deans of the seven schools you listed before meet regularly to share ideas and benchmark and are generally considered "peer" schools.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1443
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 11:37
milias wrote:
Gil wrote:
Your post highlights the problem with focusing on rankings - there is somewhat of a concensus that there are seven top five b-schools in the US.

I think its safe to say that the schools you mentioned along with four or five more schools are probably the best in the US.


Interesting. I wasn't aware there was an established T-7 list for b-schools; I may have heard of one for law schools, though. I was really just asking for personal opinions in my post, not official rankings.


Well you asked for a top 5 list , yet you gave 7 schools. That sounds more like a top 7 list.

anyway no Chicago bias:) but Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/Kellogg/Booth
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 704 [0], given: 5

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 13:25
terp26 wrote:
anyway no Chicago bias:) but Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/Kellogg/Booth

Thats the gmatclub bias...MIT shows no love here at all and thus we return those feelings. Columbia, well it just isnt as popular as the other schools here and we can leave it at that.

I wouldnt worry too much about whats top 5/7/10. Its pretty well accepted that tiers of schools exist and its not heavily debated whats in what tier. The only arguements are who is the best in a tier and who barely made it in to it.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3403
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 2

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 16:30
the way i see it..its Stanford, Harvard and Wharton...and then everyone else :)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 6

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 17:37
FN wrote:
the way i see it..its Stanford, Harvard and Wharton...and then everyone else :)


I think that's the most fun thing about the rankings, using them to get other people all worked up!

:P

RF
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1582 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2009, 19:38
I see it like this:

Chicago, everyone else. :)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1443
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2009, 19:26
FN wrote:
the way i see it..its Stanford, Harvard and Wharton...and then everyone else :)


mr cocky now ehh?? ha
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3403
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 167 [0], given: 2

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2009, 09:16
LOL..nah..never with my gclub buddies.. i was just stirring the pot.. the whole thing with rankings..its like terrorism..one man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 652
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2009, 15:29
FN wrote:
the whole thing with rankings..its like terrorism..one man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist!


Haha - I'm pretty sure you didn't use that in your essays.
_________________

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 685
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2009, 16:09
highhopes wrote:
FN wrote:
the whole thing with rankings..its like terrorism..one man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist!


Haha - I'm pretty sure you didn't use that in your essays.


Depends on the school. Stanford might like it.
_________________

Respect my Authoritaaah!

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Re: Top-5 US b-schools [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2009, 06:17
FN wrote:
the way i see it..its Stanford, Harvard and Wharton...and then everyone else :)


FN, my friend, I think you're forgetting that according to both BW and US News, Kellogg is ranked either tied with or higher than Wharton. So I think you meant to say "Stanford, Harvard and Kellogg...and then everyone else. :-D
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Top-5 US b-schools   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2009, 06:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools VinceT 2 12 Feb 2012, 15:03
Public Undergrad B-School to Top-5 MBA? hye23 4 21 Apr 2011, 16:35
Candidate assessment for top 5 US MBA school sd338 5 28 May 2009, 17:34
4 Top 5 B-schools for Real Estate noah 52 10 Jul 2007, 09:37
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Top-5 US b-schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.