Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top 9 Questions to Vet Admissions Consultants With

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 15

Top 9 Questions to Vet Admissions Consultants With [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 15:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hey there clubbers, I've been interviewing a few admissions consultants and have found a few questions useful in not only guiding our time but also make it a positive and educational phone call for me. My goal is to always learn something after each initial consultation.

The list of questions that I use are below. Would love to hear what questions you use! :) I think there was another post on GMAT Club with good questions to ask but I can't find it now.

Questions Regarding Your Application
1.) What are the top 2 things applicants need to do well to succeed, aside from essays?
2.) Top 2 common application pitfalls
3.) Strengths and Weaknesses of my profile
4.) What's quickest way to do research on schools beyond visiting?
5.) What factors figure into deciding which schools to apply in R1 or R2?
6.) What's one improvement you'd suggest to my resume?

Questions Regarding The Firm
7.) If I hire your firm, who will I be working with and what are their qualifications?
8.) In what area of the admissions process does you or your firm differentiate yourselves?
9.) What's one competitor you admire and why?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Director of Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Top 9 Questions to Vet Admissions Consultants With [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2013, 10:27
Expert's post
Finalgears, this is a great list! As the head of an Admissions Consulting firm myself (Veritas Prep), I can tell that you've had very fruitful conversations with all of the consultants using these questions!

One more thing to ask about when comparing firms is the "fine print." Many firms require you to select the number of schools that you'll work with them upfront, without allowing you to downgrade the package later. Or they pair you with a consultant and won't let you switch consultants if you don't hit it off with that person. Most people don't think about these small details, but it makes a huge difference in your ultimate satisfaction! (OK, is this a shameless plug for the customer-oriented policies at Veritas Prep? Of course it is! But I see a lot of people get locked into undesirable contracts because they didn't do their proper homework.... Just a heads-up.)

-Trav

Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Save 10% on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Re: Top 9 Questions to Vet Admissions Consultants With   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2013, 10:27