Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 08:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 09:22
I am from India, with a work experience of over 8 years in the Information Technology sector.

I recently gave the GMAT and scored a 640. Hence wanted to know if I stand a good chance to make it through the admission process of Top B schools like LBS, INSEAD and IMD.

Brief of my work profile -

* Started working in the IT services industry as a software developer and evolved into a solution architect/ analyst. Have lead the project teams across projects from the software architecture point of view.
* Worked with several leading companies across domains namely Telecomm, Energy & Utilities and Banking & Financial services.
* Interacted directly with business users to understand their issues and subsequently design/ develop new processes integrated with the IT systems.
* Have travelled to the United States and Europe on project assignments - handson experience of over 2 years working at multiple client locations.
* Involved in key analysis and decisions on business data and necessary tailoring of IT requirements as per business needs.

Please advise on this regard.
Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 04:01
AJKA123 wrote:
I am from India, with a work experience of over 8 years in the Information Technology sector.

I recently gave the GMAT and scored a 640. Hence wanted to know if I stand a good chance to make it through the admission process of Top B schools like LBS, INSEAD and IMD.

Brief of my work profile -

* Started working in the IT services industry as a software developer and evolved into a solution architect/ analyst. Have lead the project teams across projects from the software architecture point of view.
* Worked with several leading companies across domains namely Telecomm, Energy & Utilities and Banking & Financial services.
* Interacted directly with business users to understand their issues and subsequently design/ develop new processes integrated with the IT systems.
* Have travelled to the United States and Europe on project assignments - handson experience of over 2 years working at multiple client locations.
* Involved in key analysis and decisions on business data and necessary tailoring of IT requirements as per business needs.

Please advise on this regard.
Thanks.

You have good background + enough time to retake your GMAT. If you do not want doing this (retaking GMAT) you should focus on your essays to make your story sellable.
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 05:10
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 20:34
If you are from India and ROI is a factor for you, I would always always recommend ISB. It is a fantastic school, 100% placement (none of the schools in that list even come close to that 100% number) and you can always do a transfer thing in Term 5 and 6 to a school in a different country.
Re: TOP B-schools for 1 year MBA   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2011, 20:34