I heard some advice that if you know your top choice, you should hold off on that app for round 2 and apply to your other schools in round 1. That way you get some practice on the admissions process and you can put your best food forward.
My question is if I get accepted to a good school in round 1, but want to apply to my top choice in round 2, will they let me hold off accepting until I hear from round 2? Or do I have to toss it out if I want to go for my top choice?
Compare the deposit requirement dates of your R1 schools with the decision notification dates of your R2 schools. Each school has its own dates, so you'll probably find a small 1-2 week window for a couple of schools.
The decision from your R1 schools can come before their official notification date, so keep that in mind too.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings