Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Top Interview Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Top Interview Questions [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 18:48
I just finished working on some of my apps and since so many of you guys are getting interviewed, I thought it would be good to compile a list of unique questions that can get asked. Hopefully we all will get invites and can practice off here..

We know the common questions:

Why MBA?
Why from school X?

Some unique questions:

(from cornell invites, mark, rhyme, swgotz, etc..)
What would you do if someone in your study group wasn't performing?
Tell me about a time your team failed in a task, how did you handle it?
tell us about a time when you innovated
tell us about a typical day in your life
Tell me about how you view your leadership style
Tell me about teamwork and how you work in teams

What else should we be preparing for??

I believe its yogurt!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 19:03
I think an important part of the admissions process is being introspective in your answers. It's not enough to just spit out canned responses to these questions. Your answers need to reflect your personality, experience and future goals.

With that said...here's a list of Cornell questions I accumulated...

What classes @ Cornell will help you achieve your goal?

What clubs and organizations will you join if you are admitted?

Tell me about your last day at the office before traveling to Ithaca for this interview. What did you work on?

Please describe a situation when you disagreed with your superior on a project. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?

What would others say about you?

What personalities in a person do you think are most important to succeed in a marketing career?

If you don't get a job of your dreams, do you have a plan B?

"Describe how you get to the root of a problem."

What is your story that Cornell would be interested in.

What was your biggest accomplishment?

Tell me about a time when you had to stand up to a colleague who was far more senior than you were.

Why do you consider Cornell’s small class size important from point of view of discussion with other students?

Go over your resume and tell me what you achieved and what is significant in terms of learning?

Explain your past decisions and why you made them.

Highlight three issues that you would like the me to bring to the attention of the admission committee

Give an example when you failed in a teamwork setting

What qualities do you have or hope to cultivate that you believe will make you an effective leader?

Tell us why you stand out, and what you could uniquely contribute to our program.

How have you measured your success with professional / personal achievements?

Name three words to describe yourself? Open-ended question that one could run with.
  [#permalink] 13 Nov 2006, 19:03