Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Which upgraded timer version would you prefer?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [5]
Send PM
General Discussion
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8808 [2]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Please VOTE - New RC Timer Options [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
If you use the new RC Timer, we want your opinion!
We have 2 possible upgrades to the timer to make it more user friendly - which one do you prefer?

Version 1 - Timer under every question (requires scrolling)

Version 2 - Timer at the bottom of the text/passage and scrolling from question to question (fast scroll, will not require a page reload)

Once we get a few votes, we will start the building/upgrading process.
Thank you for your help and input!

Hi bb ,
It seems in either case the user will need to manually activate the timer on each question . Is there a way by which we can automate timer activation for all but the first question ? As in clicking the answer for first question will trigger the timer for the second question and so on :) .
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [2]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
Hi bb ,
It seems in either case the user will need to manually activate the timer on each question . Is there a way by which we can automate timer activation for all but the first question ? As in clicking the answer for first question will trigger the timer for the second question and so on :) .

Timer1 seems better than timer 2 inorder toa void confusion regarding questions in big RCs.

but even Skywalker18 suggestion is also good or we may have to separate posts for each question and provide links to next question below. :peek
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nevernevergiveup wrote:
Quote:
Hi bb ,

Timer 1 seems better than timer 2 in order to avoid confusion regarding questions in big RCs.

but even Skywalker18 suggestion is also good or we may have to separate posts for each question and provide links to next question below.

Thank you!
I am also thinking there is option #3
One timer above/below the question and once you stop that timer, next question appears with the timer that is already running. (combining all ideas in one :-))
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3801 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you!
I am also thinking there is option #3
One timer above/below the question and once you stop that timer, next question appears with the timer that is already running. (combining all ideas in one :-))

If i consider the following points then Option #2 is best:

#1. Keep the Timer at its usual place i.e. keep it right above the passage. I don't think there is any concern about scrolling because If the passage is lengthy OR if there are too many questions then automatically there would be scroll bars for both. We won't need to scroll to reach out to timer.

#2. Idea of Keeping the instances of every question in just ONE timer (as shown in option #2) helps to get away with unnecessary replication of timer and hence save the space.

#3. Say for Question #1 we click the option on timer then timer should move to instance of next question and start running too.
Attachments

Snapshot.png
Snapshot.png [ 151.13 KiB | Viewed 2949 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you all again for your feedback. I have been trying out different options (in my mind) and one aspect that came to mind was reviewing the results AFTER doing the RC.

If you can only see one question, then you will have to scroll to see all of the previous answers (correct, incorrect, timing, etc - you can see it in the workbook I guess) and it would be inconvenient to review results with only one timer visible.

Does this change anyone's take on it?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13958 posts