Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 03:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

-

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 09:06
thank you for the help. no further help needed.

Last edited by lonelyimpulse on 11 Apr 2010, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Goal: H/S/W. Facing two very different career options. HELP! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 13:44
There is no sure path that will lead you to H/S/W. On the surface, the Spain opportunity seems more spontaneous and interesting. However, the MS Finance route may take you in a different path than what you have "mapped out" and be just as interesting. You have to follow your heart, take risks, and pick the best choice for you. Life your life to being true to yourself and don't have regrets.

Btw- if you are seeking advice from a specific admission consultant, you may want to copy your post into their respective sub-forum. :)
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 0

Re: Goal: H/S/W. Facing two very different career options. HELP! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 08:23
First, you need to learn how to be a bit more succinct.

Anyhow, I'd take the Spain opportunity - it sounds like a far more interesting life experience.

And that is how you should be making choices anyhow - based on what is best for you now and what you feel will yield the most interesting life experience, irrespective of b-school.

Will it help you with b-school admissions? Who knows. But don't let that uncertainty dictate what you should or shouldn't do with your life. I get a sense that you feel b-school is going to be the glass slipper in your Cinderella story, magically transforming you into someone you aren't right now - and getting those prestigious IB/MC/PE/whatever jobs that you seem to pine for.

Avoid this "I'm going to stop living my life or choosing what's best for me until I get that b-school degree" mentality - where everything you do is contingent on getting into b-school.

Take the opportunity that is more compelling to you from a life standpoint. Build a life, not a resume.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Goal: H/S/W. Facing two very different career options. HELP!   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2009, 08:23

-

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap