Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP. [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 20:14
Today I gave my GMAT. I booked my date after scoring well on a couple of tests.
My score patterns were
MGMAT1 630
MGMAT2 680
MGMAT3 710
MGMAT4 710
MGMAT5 730
MGMAT6 740

GMATPREP1(July 10,2013 610)

GMATPREP2(5th October, 2013 720)

RESET
GMATPREP1(8th October, 2013 ,710).

Today I fared very poorly.

Overall 610
IR 7
Quant 50
Verbal 22.

I always knew that Verbal would be the game changer because I get 51 in maths with some exception of 50 scores..
I really improved my SC concepts and my SC accuracy was more than 95% in MGMAT tests and above 85% in gmatprep. CR used to be somewhere around that 65% mark with some exceptions of 80%
But I fared badly in RC in most of my mocks tests. Surprisingly in the last 3 mocks my percentage of RC went up
9/12
10/12
11/13.
The performance in RC was a major factor that made me to book today's GMAT date.
I really felt a lot of difficulty in RC and was not at all sanguine in almost all the questions which I was answering.
Did not face a single Boldface question which probably indicates how bad I was performing in CR.

Can you please provide me guidance. I know am capable of breaking that barrier of 750. But today's performance has destroyed my confidence. Since I want to retake my examination after the next 31 days please suggest me how to improve, I will be missing all the deadlines of first round. So i definitely want to apply in second round.Considering the time constraint please help me.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP. [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 21:09
andybond87 wrote:
Today I gave my GMAT. I booked my date after scoring well on a couple of tests.
My score patterns were
MGMAT1 630
MGMAT2 680
MGMAT3 710
MGMAT4 710
MGMAT5 730
MGMAT6 740

GMATPREP1(July 10,2013 610)

GMATPREP2(5th October, 2013 720)

RESET
GMATPREP1(8th October, 2013 ,710).

Today I fared very poorly.

Overall 610
IR 7
Quant 50
Verbal 22.

I always knew that Verbal would be the game changer because I get 51 in maths with some exception of 50 scores..
I really improved my SC concepts and my SC accuracy was more than 95% in MGMAT tests and above 85% in gmatprep. CR used to be somewhere around that 65% mark with some exceptions of 80%
But I fared badly in RC in most of my mocks tests. Surprisingly in the last 3 mocks my percentage of RC went up
9/12
10/12
11/13.
The performance in RC was a major factor that made me to book today's GMAT date.
I really felt a lot of difficulty in RC and was not at all sanguine in almost all the questions which I was answering.
Did not face a single Boldface question which probably indicates how bad I was performing in CR.

Can you please provide me guidance. I know am capable of breaking that barrier of 750. But today's performance has destroyed my confidence. Since I want to retake my examination after the next 31 days please suggest me how to improve, I will be missing all the deadlines of first round. So i definitely want to apply in second round.Considering the time constraint please help me.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

What is your strategy for RC? It sounds like you do really well on GMAT CATs when you are able to handle the RC passages. You need to go through more RC passages and analyze what it is about some of them that causes you trouble. You then need to have a strategy about how to handle the RC passages you're doing poorly on. Some passages are really dense and hard to read. The best way to attack those is to just make sure you remember the structure well enough that you can quickly refer to the relevant part of the passage when going through the questions. At least you owned quant :!:
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1979

Kudos [?]: 6402 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP. [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 15:51
Expert's post
You gotta improve your verbal, period.
From the info you provided, I can't really give any more feedback. There are plenty of study plans for verbal including the MGMAT Books which have a built in study plan. I would use and focus on those.

Best Regards,
BB.

P.S. Don't think it is a total disaster by the way....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP. [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 15:38
Go For E Gmat Online course. It will for sure help u increase ur verbal score
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP. [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 07:30
Expert's post
Dear Andy,

I know it hurts after a not so successful attempt, but please don't loose hope. Let this failure be a teacher and take away all the god points that may help you going forward. Forget about the rest of not so useful memory.
As BB has correctly pointed , Verbal is what you need to hunt down completely. Go through MGMAT books especially the SC and CR.
Try Power Score CR Bible for a further deep dive into the CR world.
I believe it is very important to take paid guidance from some test prep company , who have mentored and guided many successful GMAT re-takers. One such course is e-gmat. You can try their Verbal. I personally found it immensely useful. I was struggling in few areas of SC. Payal@e-gmat knows exactly where a student may fumble and how GMAT can take advantage of that position. I have heard many good things about Knewton courses as well(though I have not tried Knewton). Pick up a course and start fresh.
All the best for the next attempt.

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Re: TOTAL DISASTER: PLEASE HELP.   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2013, 07:30