Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
69 KUDOS received
Math Expert
Followers: 3619

Kudos [?]: 29003 [69] , given: 2874

Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 09:03
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions

Collected by Bunuel
Solutions by Bunuel
From http://gmatclub.com

This is the second part of the tough questions with solutions, this time collection of 50 tough problem solving questions. DS questions: at: 700-gmat-data-sufficiency-questions-with-explanations-100617.html

Source of the questions:
GMAT forums;
GMAT Prep;
My own questions;
etc.

Areas covered:
Mixture Problems;
Fractions;
Remainders;
Statistics;
Sequences;
Overlapping Sets;
Geometry;
Coordinate Geometry;
Modulus;
Inequalities;
Word / Work / Rate Problems;
Probability / Combinatorics;
Number Properties;
Algebra;
Powers;
etc.

Explanations / Solutions:
All questions have detailed solutions (mine) with various tips and tricks;

Links:
All questions have links to the discussions on Gmat Club forum in case of any questions.
Attachment:
Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions.doc [590.5 KiB]
Downloaded 10707 times
To download please login or register as a user

Hope it helps.

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 11 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 09:57
This post received
KUDOS
Bunuel wrote:
Collection of 50 tough problem solving questions: "Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions".

This is the second part of the tough questions with solutions, this time problem solving questions. DS questions: at: 700-gmat-data-sufficiency-questions-with-explanations-100617.html

Source of the questions:
GMAT forums;
GMAT Prep;
My own questions;
etc.

Areas covered:
Mixture Problems;
Fractions;
Remainders;
Statistics;
Sequences;
Overlapping Sets;
Geometry;
Coordinate Geometry;
Modulus;
Inequalities;
Number Properties;
Algebra;
Powers;
etc.

Links:
All questions have links to the discussions on Gmat Club forum in case of any questions.
Attachment:
Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions.doc

Hope it helps.

thanx a lot BUNUEL :)
gr8 !!
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [1] , given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 10:49
This post received
KUDOS
wow Bunnel + 1 !! Thanks.

Again my repeated question : is there any significant overlap with the Gmatprep?

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 29003 [2] , given: 2874

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 10:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 10:54
Great Thanks Bunnel.

I know it will be too much to ask, could you bifurcate those gmat prep questions? I really want to keep them for later use, but at the same time I m very keen to use your PS and DS docs.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 29003 [3] , given: 2874

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 11:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Great Thanks Bunnel.

I know it will be too much to ask, could you bifurcate those gmat prep questions? I really want to keep them for later use, but at the same time I m very keen to use your PS and DS docs.

Sorry gurpreet, I don't know which particular questions are from Gmetperp, so can't do that.

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 00:30
great stuff boss........:)

Whatever you do, Do it SINCERELY!!!

GOD help those who help themselves....:)

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '13 (D)
GPA: 3.11
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 28

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2010, 20:52
Thanks...really good...

Re-taking GMAT. Hope the charm works this time.. :)

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 29003 [2] , given: 2874

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 00:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 09:48
This post received
KUDOS
Bunuel wrote:
Collection of 50 tough problem solving questions: "Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions".

This is the second part of the tough questions with solutions, this time problem solving questions. DS questions: at: 700-gmat-data-sufficiency-questions-with-explanations-100617.html

Source of the questions:
GMAT forums;
GMAT Prep;
My own questions;
etc.

Areas covered:
Mixture Problems;
Fractions;
Remainders;
Statistics;
Sequences;
Overlapping Sets;
Geometry;
Coordinate Geometry;
Modulus;
Inequalities;
Number Properties;
Algebra;
Powers;
etc.

Links:
Attachment:
Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions.doc

Hope it helps.

can u tell the source of this document??are u the creator of these questions or is it a copyright material from somewhere??also u said it may contain 4-5 GMAT prep questions?doesnt it violate GMAC rule?
Who is the original author of this doc??
Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 29003 [4] , given: 2874

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
sandeep800 wrote:
can u tell the source of this document??are u the creator of these questions or is it a copyright material from somewhere??also u said it may contain 4-5 GMAT prep questions?doesnt it violate GMAC rule?

I'm the author/creator of this doc. The questions are collected and compiled by me, also all solutions are mine.

Some of the questions were written by me, others come from open sources, so I don't think there is copyright violation.

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 11:55
sandeep800,

Bunnel has links to the discussions (which then say the source of the question). He's not giving himself credit for all of the content. He's linking to the discussions He's also not copying and pasting content into a document and putting his name on it.

The GMAC is fine if we discuss questions assuming everyone has access to the questions.

You took content from multiple sources, licensed and unlicensed and gave no citation of source, discussion, etc.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 349

Kudos [?]: 1416 [0], given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 15:58
sandeep800 wrote:

Sandeep,

This is not a comeback game. As mohater mentioned, Bunuel has clearly cited each and every source of information. I've mentioned this in another post of yours, maybe you didn't get around to seeing it. Questions from GMAT Prep or from the OG are okay as long as they are standalone and are meant for the purpose of collective discussion. It'd be like a group of friends getting together to solve problems. Compiling these questions, without citing sources and just putting them together in one document under your name and indirectly claiming credit for it is NOT acceptable.

I hope you understand what the difference between Bunuel's document and your document is. We want this community to be respectful of other people and their right to compensation for hard work. If you want to put together a document, feel free to write your own questions to illustrate certain problem areas or cite the link to the thread where the post has been discussed or write your own explanations. Copy-pasting from other sources is not the way to go. If you have any further clarifications, please feel free to PM one of us and we'll be glad to help you before you post another document.

Thanks.
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 66

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2010, 11:08
whiplash2411 wrote:
sandeep800 wrote:

Sandeep,

This is not a comeback game. As mohater mentioned, Bunuel has clearly cited each and every source of information. I've mentioned this in another post of yours, maybe you didn't get around to seeing it. Questions from GMAT Prep or from the OG are okay as long as they are standalone and are meant for the purpose of collective discussion. It'd be like a group of friends getting together to solve problems. Compiling these questions, without citing sources and just putting them together in one document under your name and indirectly claiming credit for it is NOT acceptable.

I hope you understand what the difference between Bunuel's document and your document is. We want this community to be respectful of other people and their right to compensation for hard work. If you want to put together a document, feel free to write your own questions to illustrate certain problem areas or cite the link to the thread where the post has been discussed or write your own explanations. Copy-pasting from other sources is not the way to go. If you have any further clarifications, please feel free to PM one of us and we'll be glad to help you before you post another document.

Thanks.

Rightly said.I agree.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 14

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2010, 00:17
This post received
KUDOS
@BUNUEL MAHARAAAJ KI.... JAI HO .....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE 1: Engineering
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2010, 10:34
Great Work. Appreciate your time and effort to this site.

All things are possible to those who believe.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 13

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 08:53
thanks for the great post.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2010, 21:01
Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 22:16
Thank you very much! :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 08:56
Giving this a shot- thanks!
Re: Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2010, 08:56