Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Transcript request form [#permalink]
swath20 wrote:
Hi, I am in the US currently, and I already have my original transcripts from India, But I have seen that some universities need a special "transcript request form" to be filled out and signed by the registrar of the Indian universities.
Could I just send the original transcripts to the universities as opposed to having the "form" being sent from India ? This latter process may take a much longer time and the "form" may not get to the universities on time.

Swath

Why don't you give the admissions offices of your target schools a quick call, and ask them what they'd suggest? If there's any way you CAN get the forms taken care according to their instructions and before the deadline, naturally that would be ideal (even if it take a bit longer!), but--as some other posters have mentioned--sometimes it may be next to impossible to get the forms filled out at all. I'm always dismayed when I hear that universities "can't be bothered," and I've heard it far too many times. Anyway, I'd just suggest that you have a few words with the admissions people--if you explain to them that you're really up against an impossible wall of red tape/administrative delays, and that you have tried in vain to get someone at the undergraduate institution to help you, they may be able to offer you an acceptable alternative. Believe me, it won't be the first time they've heard of this happening.

Best of luck slicing through the red tape!
Sonia
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree- contact the admissions staff at the MBA Programs and inform them of your dilemma. They are generally very happy to help resolve the problem.

Hjort
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
The transcript request form is just for your convenience. Its not a requirement.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]