Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 04:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 00:10
Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forum.
I took Gmat on 30/7, and have not received my official score report till now
I contacted with GMAC staffs, and they said that their record showed I did not attend the test on that day
(So,obviously they do not have my score on their record)
I sent them a copy of unofficial score report to prove that I did
They promised me about an investigation, but gave me no clue about when it complete.
(I pushed them but the answer is the same,... and they don't even give me an apology yet)

Have any of you experience this trouble?

Pls give me some advice?what should I do?
I am so worried because deadline for my application is coming soon.

Thanks a lot in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 286

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 01:04
inkheart wrote:
Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forum.
I took Gmat on 30/7, and have not received my official score report till now
I contacted with GMAC staffs, and they said that their record showed I did not attend the test on that day
(So,obviously they do not have my score on their record)
I sent them a copy of unofficial score report to prove that I did
They promised me about an investigation, but gave me no clue about when it complete.
(I pushed them but the answer is the same,... and they don't even give me an apology yet)

Have any of you experience this trouble?

Pls give me some advice?what should I do?
I am so worried because deadline for my application is coming soon.

Thanks a lot in advance

Strange. I haven't come across a situation like yours, but then again I'm not an expert on all things GMAT.

What you have going for you is that you have the unofficial score report. Have you tried contacting your test centre about this? If not, contact them and get them to officially confirm that you did attend the test.
Re. the bschool deadline, I'm sure the school will understand. Send them an email explaining the situation and attach a copy of your unofficial test score (and confirmation from test centre if available). It's best to contact the school sooner rather than later, else you might end up being regarded as a procrastinator.

And keep contacting GMAC and the test centre. Drop a reminder mail and call them up every other day.

Net Impact's BUSINESS AS UNUSUAL Guide - a must-read!

Intern
Intern

Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 05:34
Thank you, Rasta
This situation shows how risky the method that Gmac is using ( I mean they only use a software, no back-up record, and even test centre doesn't have a test record)
What will happen if the software break-down?...
And what makes me upset the most is that they do not say sorry or any thing. Anyway, I'll try to contact with test centre and send Gmac email again, I'll wait for how they solve this. Thank u a lot
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 553 [0], given: 5

Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2012, 20:20
Expert's post
That's an unusual situation. Have you resolved it yet?
Your best bet is to submit all documentation of your registration for the exam, userID, email address, and other documents you received. THen follow up - when it comes to application season you don't want to have to worry about these things. Good luck.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1983

Kudos [?]: 6415 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2012, 20:37
Expert's post
You may want to get in touch with the GMAC representative here: -post-your-questions-to-gmac-official-representative-here-133929.html

Good Luck!
Let us know if we can help with anything.

P.S. Which test center was it?
P.P.S. We have test center views here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/more-gmat-test-centers

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern

Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2012, 20:47
gmatpill wrote:
That's an unusual situation. Have you resolved it yet?
Your best bet is to submit all documentation of your registration for the exam, userID, email address, and other documents you received. THen follow up - when it comes to application season you don't want to have to worry about these things. Good luck.

Thank you, Gmatpill
Yes, I have provided them all necessary information, and still wait for their feedback
Unluckily, as I contacted with test centre, test centre's staffs replied that all the info (photo taking on test day, finger sign, id...) were sent to Gmac through software, and after 10 days, all the info were automatically cleared by Gmac's software. So, test centre can give no help to me !
Now, all I have in hand is the unofficial report, which, as we all know, was printed out from system and has no signature or chop ...
Intern
Intern

Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2012, 23:25
bb wrote:
You may want to get in touch with the GMAC representative here: -post-your-questions-to-gmac-official-representative-here-133929.html

Good Luck!
Let us know if we can help with anything.

P.S. Which test center was it?
P.P.S. We have test center views here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/more-gmat-test-centers

Hi BB,

Thanks for your kind message.
It is IPMAC centre in Hanoi, Vietnam
Re: Trouble with GMAT score report - need ur advice   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2012, 23:25