Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Trying to brush up before the real studying begins

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Trying to brush up before the real studying begins [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2005, 19:06
Hi All

Just want to say that so far I have found this site extremely informative and appreciate the time and effort so many people have put into it. My situation is as follows:

I currently work a pretty intense banking job and do not have much time for intense studying until things slow down in the 4th quarter. Therefore, I will not be taking the exam until next Jan. or Feb. However I would still like to begin brushing up on my basic verbal and math skills which I will need for the GMAT. At the same time, I do not want waste valuable resources like the OG or very GMAT specific material while I am just brushing up on my skills and not completely focusing on the test. What are some good textbooks or review books that cover the basic concepts I will need for the test?

Thank you
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2005, 06:57
Hi, kgprall. Welcome to Gmatclub forum.

The basic books you can use are:

Kaplan
Princeton Review

When you start practicing you should use OG.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 01 May 2005, 11:57
HI Kgprall,

This is what I am doing.

1. Started with Princeton 2005 and going through the concepts
2. Once I finish one topic like say SC or RC...................I go fast through Kaplan 2005 to see if Kaplan has any thing new to say

This way I am brushing all the concepts. Remember you shd be spot on with concepts......................Its the quality of your preparation that matters.

After I am done with 1 and 2 step.......................I will move on to Verbal work book from Princeton and Kaplan to make sure I understand the verbal part very well as this is my weakness.

3. After that I am planning to go through OG page by page

One advise do not get bogged down with learning grammar as only selected concepts are tested so learn Gmat grammar.

Good luck!.
  [#permalink] 01 May 2005, 11:57