Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 11:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 03:22
Hey All,

Welcome to the thread for all Tuck 2012 Waitlisted Applicants!

Hope we're able to convert our statuses to admits!!

Cheers,
MBAWanderlust
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 09:55
Any updates from anyone?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 14:42
KPrizzle wrote:
Any updates from anyone?

The wait list does not get reviewed periodically. I believe admissions waits until the four rounds are complete and then looks at the wait list.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q V
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 15:50
I feel like the waitlist is worse than a ding. It says "hey, you were close" LOL. Isn't it true that it's extremely difficult to get off of Tuck's waitlist?
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 17:11
btsl84 wrote:
I feel like the waitlist is worse than a ding. It says "hey, you were close" LOL. Isn't it true that it's extremely difficult to get off of Tuck's waitlist?

Tough but possible. I know of of a few people in my class that got off.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 19:27
Tuck2013 wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:
Any updates from anyone?

The wait list does not get reviewed periodically. I believe admissions waits until the four rounds are complete and then looks at the wait list.

Is that true even for internationals? The Tuck admissions blog confirmed that the waitlist will be reviewed only in May-June, but surely internationals will need to know earlier to handle logistics like visas etc...

Are there any internationals who got off the waitlist?

PS - I also just realized that I misspelt the topic name. Any ideas on how to rectify this anyone?
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 05:41
Tuck2013 wrote:
btsl84 wrote:

Do you happen to know whether or not they updated any of their stats or they just happen to get selected after some others decided not to attend Tuck?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 05:46
Oh man... after all four rounds are over? I thought in the email they say evaluate over March to July...

"It is difficult for us to provide specific probability of admission or the timing of a final decision as the timeframe does vary. Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between March and July. Applicants may be offered admission, their waitlist status may be extended or they may be released and encouraged to reapply the following year."

... if it really is at the very end, that makes it so much harder :(
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 07:00
What about international applicants? Do they wait till July for any decision from Tuck...I am guessing that it will be very difficult to arrange for visa and loan in such a short period..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 08:25
During a chat hosted by betthegmat, I asked Tuck admissions director about applicants waitlisted in Early Action round (I was wailisted in EA round). She said that we should expect to hear from a contact person from the admissions office sometime this week. I am not sure when Nov round applicants will be contacted, but my guess is after the results of the next round.
Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 09:42
aarmo wrote:
During a chat hosted by betthegmat, I asked Tuck admissions director about applicants waitlisted in Early Action round (I was wailisted in EA round). She said that we should expect to hear from a contact person from the admissions office sometime this week. I am not sure when Nov round applicants will be contacted, but my guess is after the results of the next round.

Aarmo, did you do anything to update your application during your time on the waitlist?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 10:21
I am from EA round too...I wanted to know if there have been cases in the past where waitlisted applicants have heard of any decision prior by March-April and not waited till June-July?
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 14:48
btsl84 wrote:
Tuck2013 wrote:
btsl84 wrote:

Do you happen to know whether or not they updated any of their stats or they just happen to get selected after some others decided not to attend Tuck?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I think the key is to be proactive. If you think your GMAT is low, for example, you can be proactive instead of waiting for feedback.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 14:50
MBAWanderlust wrote:
Tuck2013 wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:
Any updates from anyone?

Is that true even for internationals? The Tuck admissions blog confirmed that the waitlist will be reviewed only in May-June, but surely internationals will need to know earlier to handle logistics like visas etc...

Are there any internationals who got off the waitlist?

PS - I also just realized that I misspelt the topic name. Any ideas on how to rectify this anyone?

None that I've met but that doesn't mean there aren't any. If Tuck accepts an international off the waitlist, and knowing the Tuck office, they would make sure your logistics are completed with enough time. I don't think they would accept you thinking or knowing that you would be hindered by the red tape.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 14:52
QiuYidio wrote:
Oh man... after all four rounds are over? I thought in the email they say evaluate over March to July...

"It is difficult for us to provide specific probability of admission or the timing of a final decision as the timeframe does vary. Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between March and July. Applicants may be offered admission, their waitlist status may be extended or they may be released and encouraged to reapply the following year."

... if it really is at the very end, that makes it so much harder :(

This answers some questions as well in case you haven't seen it.

http://tuckschool.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... -what.html
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 12:41
btsl84 wrote:
aarmo wrote:

Aarmo, did you do anything to update your application during your time on the waitlist?

I have not done anything to update my profile. I might do that once I receive feedback from the contact person.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 18:49
dbanerj wrote:
What about international applicants? Do they wait till July for any decision from Tuck...I am guessing that it will be very difficult to arrange for visa and loan in such a short period..

There is at least one international student in my class who got off the waiting list in the summer.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 10:17
anyone receive any feedback last week?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 13:02
I haven't gotten any Waitlist feedback from Tuck, as alluded to by Dawna in her video 2 weeks ago. Has anyone received theirs yet?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2012, 00:20
nothing received here.... it's a long long wait...
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waistlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2012, 00:20