Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 02:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 16:34
This post received
KUDOS
Gumbymc wrote:
For those who have visited from NYC - do you recommend taking the Dartmouth Coach? Also, did you guys have to stay 2 nights since it seems all of the bus/train options leave early in the morning?

I've investigated the NYC-Hanover transportation options thoroughly and I think the Dartmouth Coach is the best way, but it does mean you need to miss at least two days of work, which is a pain.

The other options are:

1) flying, but you have to connect in Boston and then fly into Lebanon airport which is 5 miles away. it's a lot of travel time including getting to and from the airport, and waiting around for the connection. Also, the flight is expensive. And if you're a miles junkie like me, you'll cringe at the BOS-LEB leg since Cape Air doesn't seem to be affiliated with any major mileage programs.

2) train into White River Junction, VT, but the train only leaves once a day and takes over 6 hours

3) driving yourself--this is obviously the most flexible option and will probably be what I do because on the day that I'm going, I have to leave in the evening. But four hours sounds like a long and tiring drive to make (at least for me.)
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 559 [1] , given: 30

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 21:40
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well, it's still good to visit if you can.
As for writing it in an essay, I don;t think that's a good idea. I mean it sounds like "I need to spend 150K on Bschool, but Im not willing to shell out 700 bucks to find out what your school is really like"
ouch.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 135 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 13:59
This post received
KUDOS
Just got this email from Tuck:

"Our thoughts are with all who have suffered as a result of the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. First and foremost, we hope that everyone is safe and able to recover quickly. We do recognize that some prospective applicants in affected areas may still be without power or access to a computer. In order to accommodate those applicants impacted by the storm, we will extend the application deadline for you to November 19. To facilitate application review and provide timely admissions decisions, all other applicants who were not affected by the storm should still submit no later than November 7.

If you have any questions or we can provide further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest Regards,

The Tuck Admissions Team"
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 16:44
This post received
KUDOS
ttnguyen wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Just got this email from Tuck:

"Our thoughts are with all who have suffered as a result of the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. First and foremost, we hope that everyone is safe and able to recover quickly. We do recognize that some prospective applicants in affected areas may still be without power or access to a computer. In order to accommodate those applicants impacted by the storm, we will extend the application deadline for you to November 19. To facilitate application review and provide timely admissions decisions, all other applicants who were not affected by the storm should still submit no later than November 7.

If you have any questions or we can provide further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest Regards,

The Tuck Admissions Team"

Hey -- was this email sent directly to you? Just wanted to check so that I can follow up with Adcom on receiving messages from Tuck.. Thanks!

I also got this email.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 14:56
This post received
KUDOS
Ward2012 wrote:
A couple more options from NYC

5) Fly CapeAir from White Plains to Lebanon, NH which is 4 miles from Hanover. I didn't see this before because the flight doesn't run every day and wasn't running the day I needed to get to Hanover

6) Fly into Manchester, NH and make the 1 hour and 20 min drive to Hanover.

I'm personally flying from the Mid-Atlantic to Lebanon via Boston. Ticket was ~$280 vs. $200 to go to Manchester, so pretty negligible considering travel time and that I hate driving. Only thing is the Cape Air flight is in a Cessna 402, which is a ten seater prop plane. Certainly not judging, but that may be a valid concern for some folks as I have seen my fair share of panick attacks, and freaked out myself on my first 'tiny' Cessna flight. Round trip from Boston, I believe, is $50 which is awesome for people coming from there.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 19:46
This post received
KUDOS
str1der wrote:
Mukaam wrote:
Hey everyone, I am an Indian reapplicant, applied two years back and was invited to interview. I was waitlisted and rejected eventually. In one of the posts, Dawna Clarke has mentioned that they may use previous interview evaluation for reapplicants. I have not been invited to interview this time.i although want to stay optimistic but would still want to know if they had actually accepted any reapplicant without interviewing again. Can any one shed some light?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hey - if I am not mistaken, you are the girl who was doing Teach For India or something similar right, post the MBA Admissions ordeal last time round? Had read your blog and it was very helpful, and well written.

I attended the Tuck reception in Delhi recently. There was a reapplicant there from last year who asked the same question. He was told that they in all probability will not re interview a reapplicant, unless the previous interview they had was bad/a disaster. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tuck treats only those who applied the last year as true re applicants - so if you applied in 2010, your application will be treated as completely new.

What I mean by a true re applicant is that you need to submit only 1 new LOR - which means they WILL compare both your present and last year application for sure. By law, a school has to keep your application on record for 2 years.

I am a re-applicant from last year as well. I applied in the Jan round, was interviewed and then given some feedback and asked to apply again.. I was also told that my interview was good and there were no major issues with the interview. I have significantly improved on all aspects mentioned and applied early (EA round). I was seriously disappointed that they did not invite me to interview this time around. I hope they use my last interview. This post gives me new hope. Thanks!! :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 14:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Prorsum,

Congratulations on your promotions. I would strongly encourage you to send this information to the adcom at Tuck. Do mention what kind of managerial role you would take. Also, consider mentioning project type, team size etc.

Hope this helps. In any case, the wait continues. :)

Vanishing Nerd

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 14:30
This post received
KUDOS
prorsum wrote:
Hey Guys,

Looking for opinions on this:

I'm an EA applicant and did a self-initiated interview. Thus I have no bearing on my candidacy at Tuck (since I consider interview invites initiated by the school as somewhat of a sign of interest).

I recently received a promotion and in addition to the increase in job scope, I will now manage a team.

Should I let Tuck adcoms know of this recent change? (since EA decision is only a few weeks away)

Thnx

Congratulations on your promotion!! :)

You should definitely let the adcom know about the promotion as it 'positively' alters your resume and is an endorsement of your professional abilities by your employer. It may or may not change the adcom's decision if it has been made already, but I don't think this extra information will hurt your chances anywhere. Go ahead and share the good news with them.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 17:46
This post received
KUDOS
dvanrip wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
yyyny wrote:
It is almost time for D-Day for early decision applicants!!
does any one know if they call you or send you an email??

I think those admitted receive calls, if not its an email and application status update on their app portal.

Just over a week, can't wait to find out!

This one will be a surprise either way, those of us who did applicant initiated interviews are totally in the dark.

And evidently they send out an email one week before the official release date/time to 'remind us' (like we've forgotten!) that the decision is coming the following week. Nonetheless, don't freak out if/when you receive an email on Friday.

Based on this exact conversation a year ago on last years forum, for the last couple years, calls have started at about 3 PM EST Thursday and continued through 3-4 PM EST decision day. They try to make the anticipation as stressful as possible.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 07:06
This post received
KUDOS

Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 18 Jan 2013, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [1] , given: 15

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
GOT IN!!!!

740/3.4 gpa/~5years w/e in banking and private equity

I'm based in SF, got the call from a 603 area code at 10:00PST.

Good luck to all!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: , International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
str1der wrote:
Thanks so much everyone. I couldn't believe it when she called. I double checked after calling my parents that I DID get a call from the 603 number. I was given the Facebook group address, which I have been accepted into, so now it seems its legit!

Wow! Tuck!

Irony? I told my parents and they said congrats, but what's tuck :) haha. The brand's not too big in India of course but I don't give a sh*t! Woohoo!

All the best to everyone waiting to hear back. Am sure today/tomorrow will bring good news.

Congrats!!!!!!!! I am very very happy for you!!!!!!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
Just got THE CALL!! I only heard "congratulations" and "class of 2015". I blabbered something back that remotely sounded like "thank you" :)

Indian (living in the US)/28/740/~7.5 yrs w.e/Tech/Male

Hope to see many of you in Hanover next year !!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:53
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call :-D

M/29/710/3.64/NC,USA/8yrs WE in Banking: Corp Finance and Merger Integrations

Good luck all!

They called my cell.

Last edited by dvanrip on 13 Dec 2012, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 11:19
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in at TUCK!!! Called my work phone, wow I am pumped! Thanks to everyone for the help on these forums.

Edit: From Chicago FWIW

Last edited by Bigblue1010 on 13 Dec 2012, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 12:36
This post received
KUDOS
got the call around 2pm est!!

Last edited by kart77 on 17 Mar 2013, 08:35, edited 3 times in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 15:14
This post received
KUDOS
I was hoping the admissions committee would just slam out a mass text and be done with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 22:08
This post received
KUDOS
riskylvrg wrote:
In - got a call a few hours ago. I am an international (ethnically) but US based applicant/ NYC / WE 80 something months in finance and banking/ 700 and 3.6 GPA / great public school

Good luck to all who is still waiting - it took me 18 months from start to finish (reapplicant to some schools), so keep charging ahead.

Very happy for you, especially after seeing you go through last year's process. Tuck is a great school. Congratulations.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 07:51
This post received
KUDOS
query007 wrote:
Can someone please tell me if your online application says that your interview is complete ? I don't see anything about an interview in my online application. Thanks!

I dont seen anything about an interview

Submission Status: Submitted
Application Status: Completed

Application Fee: Received

Recommendations: Complete

Submitted
Submitted

Transcripts:

Received (Not Official)

Test Scores:

IELTS: Not Applicable

PTE: Not Applicable

TOEFL: Not Applicable

GMAT: Received (Official)

GRE: Not Applicable
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 08:50
This post received
KUDOS
None of the admits so far have reported any scholarships. May be the adcom is discussing the scholarship amount for the rest of us :) :-D ..Talk about positive thinking!
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2012, 08:50