Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 26

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:47
WL.. tuck WL in addition to fuqua. What a day.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:51
WL too...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:51
Got dinged, very content with that. Don't have to make any difficult decisions, now :)
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:55
krudget wrote:
Got dinged, very content with that. Don't have to make any difficult decisions, now :)

Where are you heading to?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.61
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:56
rocky312 wrote:
congratulations to all those who got admitted!

i'm curious, did any admitted students find out about scholarships with the acceptance letter/call? other than the consortium scholarships that is.

Yea they told me I got a small merit scholarship, but I haven't received the acceptance email and my application wasn't updated online.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD Jan '16
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 37

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 14:08
dormor wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
WL as well... They also mentioned offering me feedback if I want to, but I guess they offer that to all waitlisters, right?
Tuck was the school I fell in love with from the moment I started my research, almost a year ago, so I'm having a tough time dealing with it. I know that it's not over yet, but chances are slim at this point, so they are probably just delaying bad news...

Anyway, congratulations to all admitted friends from GC, thank you for putting up with me freaking out all day, and best of luck to us waitlisted and to dinged folks, I hope we all achieve our goals in one way or another.

Best,

bizwiz

I got WL from tuck - they did not offer feedback.
can you paste your letter?

It's not on the letter. I sent the email to confirm I wanted to remain on the WL, and they send an automatic response saying, among other things, the following:

If you have decided to remain an active candidate on the waitlist you may request feedback. We will provide written feedback as soon as we are able.

Have you sent the email confirming your spot on the waitlist?

Best,

bizwiz
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 14:20
hailmary620 wrote:
krudget wrote:

Dunno 100%, yet. NRMP residency match was today, and fiancée matched at "The" OSU, of all places. I did not even look at Fisher, so it threw a massive monkey wrench in things. We were hoping to both go to the Triangle. K-F offered me a dump truck of money, but Fuqua's HSM program is the best on the planet. So if I get good news on Monday, that'll be "tough". Especially now that I have to potentially look into Fisher, likely sans scholarships :?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 243

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 14:24
Expert's post
krudget wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
krudget wrote:

Dunno 100%, yet. NRMP residency match was today, and fiancée matched at "The" OSU, of all places. I did not even look at Fisher, so it threw a massive monkey wrench in things. We were hoping to both go to the Triangle. K-F offered me a dump truck of money, but Fuqua's HSM program is the best on the planet. So if I get good news on Monday, that'll be "tough". Especially now that I have to potentially look into Fisher, likely sans scholarships :?

Oof! That's a tough one. You never know though -- Fisher is a great school and one, I believe, is a bit underrated. You have a good track record so far; they might have some money to give you! I know Iowa Tippie gives $$ all the way into the summer, so that's sort of(?) a closer option? You could also look into Carlson or Olin?

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 15:22
ProfessorX wrote:
how lenient is Johnson in the third round? What are my chances?

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Johnson's Round 4 deadline is March 27, so you need to hurry. Probably also wouldn't hurt to explain why you waited so long to apply.

In terms of chances, well, 3 rounds of admits will have passed, so if you think there weren't many spots left in Tuck's 3rd of 4 rounds, it's going to be tough sledding in Johnson's Round 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 15:23
WL'd today. Mixture of crushing disappointment and vast relief.

After a bit, I really started to feel bad for my gf. She's a teacher and schools generally make hires for the next year within the next 2 months. AND she's leaving her current school regardless. I likely won't know if I'm leaving for b-school or staying at my job for an extra year, so she doesn't know where to look for a job. Puts her in a tough position.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 17:12
WL also... Only saw one consortium admit in China for R3. Tuck is really prudent this year, I think mainly for the yield rate concern. The stats released by US news this week was not so good...
Tuck Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 18:48
As predicted, dinged by Tuck. Given the class size, it seems that Tuck is very selective in terms of GMAT. Your chance probably significantly drops once you deviate by more than 10 points from the mean.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 142

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 20:28
Seina wrote:
This morning I checked my application page for Fuqua, which was a ding,
than for Ross, which was a wait list,
and was about to cry any moment from disappointing results when I opened Tuck.
I saw the decision notice page starting off with "Congratulations!" and I just cried... :cry:

I checked my cell phone and there was a call from a private number I missed during the night (or morning EST).

A heartfelt congratulations to you!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 20:50
theK wrote:
As predicted, dinged by Tuck. Given the class size, it seems that Tuck is very selective in terms of GMAT. Your chance probably significantly drops once you deviate by more than 10 points from the mean.

for what it's worth, I have the same GMAT score as you, and I was waitlisted at Tuck in the Nov round
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 10:13
riverfish wrote:
WL'd today. Mixture of crushing disappointment and vast relief.

After a bit, I really started to feel bad for my gf. She's a teacher and schools generally make hires for the next year within the next 2 months. AND she's leaving her current school regardless. I likely won't know if I'm leaving for b-school or staying at my job for an extra year, so she doesn't know where to look for a job. Puts her in a tough position.

What are you planning to do? Stay at your job another year and apply EA? Or wait on Tuck's WL hoping for a slot?
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 10:20
Anyone on the list was offered a feedback session last year after a ding? I was offered one this year, but not sure if its going how helpful will it be for next year or if it will increase my chances?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 22:13
hailmary620 wrote:
Anyone on the list was offered a feedback session last year after a ding? I was offered one this year, but not sure if its going how helpful will it be for next year or if it will increase my chances?

If you don't take it and apply again they will doubt your sincere interest in them. It may not increase your chances to take it, but I believe it definitely decreases them if you don't.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q42 V49
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 03:49
CobraKai wrote:

In terms of chances, well, 3 rounds of admits will have passed, so if you think there weren't many spots left in Tuck's 3rd of 4 rounds, it's going to be tough sledding in Johnson's Round 4.

Did Tuck really not have many spots for Round 3? I would have thought that Round 3 is where the bulk of the class is drawn from (since the submit date in early January loosely coincides with the second rounds for most other schools).
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 04:08
hollaback wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

Did Tuck really not have many spots for Round 3? I would have thought that Round 3 is where the bulk of the class is drawn from (since the submit date in early January loosely coincides with the second rounds for most other schools).

I don't think so. I was referring to the mass speculation going on here that there was High Yield in the EA/November Round. I also mentioned that Tuck's deposit deadline for the November Round is April 26, so it'll still be some time before admits from that round have to decide. I just think it's a case of GMAT clubbers not getting admitted, or those that are, just aren't reporting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 142

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 09:06
CobraKai wrote:
hollaback wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

I don't think so. I was referring to the mass speculation going on here that there was High Yield in the EA/November Round. I also mentioned that Tuck's deposit deadline for the November Round is April 26, so it'll still be some time before admits from that round have to decide. I just think it's a case of GMAT clubbers not getting admitted, or those that are, just aren't reporting it.

I think this is something we won't have much certainty on, unfortunately. Unless, more folks start spilling the beans.
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2013, 09:06