Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 14:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 106

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 08:36
justmytuck wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
justmytuck wrote:
Got a call this morning- accepted from WL.


Like x 1 million!

What round did you apply?



I applied EA last year, was WL, let go in August, reapplied this year in Jan.


Wow, what a journey. Congrats! You've earned this.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:05
justmytuck wrote:
Got a call this morning- accepted from WL.


This is great news! Congratulations and I'll see you this fall :)
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:22
3
This post received
KUDOS
just got the call - off the waitlist!!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:24
justmytuck wrote:
Got a call this morning- accepted from WL.


Congrats. Would you mind sharing your WL strategy?
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
well, i applied last year in the january round, WL, let go in August, and then reapplied EA this year. i was proactive in that i kept them updated in terms of where else i got in and any changes at my job, writing both a paper letter and an email.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 86
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [2] , given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 09:30
2
This post received
KUDOS
IN!!!!! Off of the waitlist!

I am speechless right now. I'm from the midwest and sent them an update email about a week after the waitlist decision. January applicant.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 10:03
got a call 2 hours ago, off from WL.

I am an international student, currently in TX.

Good luck, everyone!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 10:22
kschmidt1801 wrote:
IN!!!!! Off of the waitlist!

I am speechless right now. I'm from the midwest and sent them an update email about a week after the waitlist decision. January applicant.


Congrats. I know you wanted it badly.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 12:38
2
This post received
KUDOS
off the waitlist!!!

for those who've asked about WL strategy, all I did was send in another essay updating them about my accomplishments since my application both personally and professionally.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 751
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 12:43
riverfish wrote:
off the waitlist!!!

for those who've asked about WL strategy, all I did was send in another essay updating them about my accomplishments since my application both personally and professionally.


Congrats man. Really happy for you.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 123
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 35

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 14:09
Are any of you guys who were admitted off the waitlist currently living outside the US?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 97
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 14:11
bizwiz84 wrote:
Are any of you guys who were admitted off the waitlist currently living outside the US?


I would imagine the Waitlist acceptances are not geographically ordered the way Regular decisions can be. It does, however, seem that quite a few of the WL admits from today were reapplicants from 2011-2012.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 123
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 35

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 14:40
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
Are any of you guys who were admitted off the waitlist currently living outside the US?


I would imagine the Waitlist acceptances are not geographically ordered the way Regular decisions can be. It does, however, seem that quite a few of the WL admits from today were reapplicants from 2011-2012.


I'm not trying to figure out the order calls are being made. I'm trying to figure out what are the profiles of people being accepted. If they are accepting people with similar backgound/gmat/citizenship to mine, my chances get diminished. If they have only called american folks, maybe they'll still call some internationals... Of course, I'm just trying to rationalize something that is completely out of my control, so you should not pay too much attention to me... :-D
All I know is I did not get a call, and the decision letter in my application is still the same from March 15. Well, they lost a pretty good opportunity to make my weekend more exciting...
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 86
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [2] , given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 05:45
2
This post received
KUDOS
It's official!

Tuckie proud. I withdrew my application from Kellogg and I'm going to forfeit my deposit on McCombs.

As to my profile, I'm pretty sure I don't fit nicely in any sort of demographic. It was the blessing and the curse of my application. 740 GMAT. From the Midwest. Couple of years in technology consulting for a high profile firm. Speak some Japanese. Several years working in the family insurance business overseeing an IT overhaul and building a new sales division to one of the largest in the country for that market segment. Worked the 2012 election cycle. I applied January round and was waitlisted until yesterday. I am not a re-applicant.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 762
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 07:18
kschmidt1801 wrote:
It's official!

Tuckie proud. I withdrew my application from Kellogg and I'm going to forfeit my deposit on McCombs.

As to my profile, I'm pretty sure I don't fit nicely in any sort of demographic. It was the blessing and the curse of my application. 740 GMAT. From the Midwest. Couple of years in technology consulting for a high profile firm. Speak some Japanese. Several years working in the family insurance business overseeing an IT overhaul and building a new sales division to one of the largest in the country for that market segment. Worked the 2012 election cycle. I applied January round and was waitlisted until yesterday. I am not a re-applicant.


Here's hoping calls continue Monday! I think it's awesome that Tuck is getting back to the WL before the May 17 housing/pre-term programs deadline.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 03:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
As far as trying to find a pattern for who they are admitting off the waitlist, the common theme seems to be a big GMAT. Of those who have their GMAT scores visible, it seems like all had GMAT scores above Tuck's average.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 20:10
This really doesn't bode too well for me because the only feedback I received from Tuck was that I needed a higher GMAT. I scored 680 with a 64% Q / 90% V split and Tuck asked for a much higher score (40+ pts). I've been studying my brains out but knowing that this may quite possibly be the most important test of my life is really not helping the situation.

Congrats to those who have made it. Hopefully if a miracle happens I will be joining you!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 00:49
PanchoPippin wrote:
As far as trying to find a pattern for who they are admitting off the waitlist, the common theme seems to be a big GMAT. Of those who have their GMAT scores visible, it seems like all had GMAT scores above Tuck's average.



Definitely agree. It seems they want to significantly increase their average GMAT figure. Given the size of the class, it makes sense.
What is surprising however is that they didn't wait for the end of last round to take people in from the WL. Surprising. Nothing can be predicted).
Manager
Manager
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 97
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 03:44
hnguyen1987 wrote:
This really doesn't bode too well for me because the only feedback I received from Tuck was that I needed a higher GMAT. I scored 680 with a 64% Q / 90% V split and Tuck asked for a much higher score (40+ pts). I've been studying my brains out but knowing that this may quite possibly be the most important test of my life is really not helping the situation.

Congrats to those who have made it. Hopefully if a miracle happens I will be joining you!


Hnguyen -- did they specifically ask for a 40pt increase? I'm in the same boat as you where they suggested there is room for improvement in my GMAT but I wasn't given any specifics as to how much (I have a 710 in my only attempt at taking it). I've been studying too but again not sure where I will end up as I've been scoring 700-730 on my practices. I do agree though that it seems all those accepted off WL have 730+ scores so far so it seems this retake will be huge in terms of bumping up our chances of getting in off the WL.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 762
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 04:45
Portugal07 wrote:


What is surprising however is that they didn't wait for the end of last round to take people in from the WL. Surprising. Nothing can be predicted).


Yield must have been lower than expected through the first three rounds and/or the April applicant pool is small. Looks like they want to fill more seats before rendering decisions for the April Round on May 24. This isn't even accounting for the deposits that'll be cancelled during the summer melt.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 May 2013, 04:45
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 17 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants wiseguyMBA 637 14 Aug 2009, 07:49
Popular new posts 186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
Popular new posts 33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
Moved topic 363 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60    Next  [ 1188 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.