Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 14:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 08:58
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call. US applicant. TUCK!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 09:23
This post received
KUDOS
BrownBunny wrote:
andrew10987 wrote:
Was called at 11:37am EST today!!! Was on the extended waitlist at Tuck last year so I'm assuming they wanted to be nice and made me one of the first U.S. calls today.

I was in the same boat last year & just got the call!!! The elusive Tuck admit call finally materialized :-D
Time to celebrate! And congrats to all admits!!

Chupacabra wrote:
Just got the call. US applicant. TUCK!

Congrats and see y'all in Hanover in the fall.

Everyone else hang in there and good luck... Plenty of time!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call at 11:30pm China time. I'm an American living in China. Its been a two year journey though I'm a fresh applicant to Tuck. Can't wait to see many of you next year. Good luck to those still in the hunt and believe me I know how you feel.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:43
This post received
KUDOS
Squish wrote:
Now pondering what schools to target for R2.

good for you. I don't have the energy or enthusiasm to apply in Round 2. If I get a 6 school ding, that will be it for me with MBA plans.

Your GMAT score is very good. Hopefully you get into Kellogg. All the best!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 19:44
This post received
KUDOS
kschloesser wrote:
Waitlisted. Does anyone have any indication how many and when (March vs July) ppl move off the wait list? Agree with @CobraKai, bummed about ASW. And applying for financial aid.

Make sure to apply for financial aid in time. I was accepted off WL last year with scholarship money.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 16:59
This post received
KUDOS
Haha dude you need to get a grip.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:11
This post received
KUDOS
Shawshank wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
It sounds like you're trying to rush this trip - have you considered just biting the bullet and staying overnight?

Hanover is out of the way and isn't for everyone. That's why Tuck wants people to come to interview - they don't want applicants who view it as a peer school to Wharton/Columbia and simply apply based on reputation only.

Yeah, I might not apply since my heart is just not in it. I mean if HBS or Wharton were in Hanover, NH, I will move heaven, earth, and the stars, to figure out a way to get there and do the interview. I agree that Tuck is very unique among the top 10 programs and is not for everyone. If I drop tuck, i might do stern, but from what i heard, stern also wants applicants who have visited since one of their essay questions asks about what steps you took to figure out if stern is the right fit for you.

I would not compare HBS to Wharton....or do I think Wharton is way better than Tuck. I find it comical how people think 2-3 spot difference in rank means one school is substantially better than the other. There is a top 2 (HBS and Stanford) then another 8 schools that are all just as good as one another, but you should choose based on fit vs one being ranked 4th vs 7th.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 13:18
This post received
KUDOS
eestineiu wrote:
You may consider flying to NY and then using Cape Air to Lebanon, NH. You can take a taxi or shuttle from there. Though, I would agree with others and advise either staying overnight or getting a car. Hanover is in a very rural area and driving shouldn't be an issue.

I didn't run into this problem, but the ladies in the admissions office said because Cape Air is a bunch of small Cessnas, they cancel flights a lot more frequently. Especially with unpredictable NH weather and the fact that small planes cannot handle as much weather as the bigger ones. Flight from Boston to Lebanon was great and simple, but they said too many people cancel interviews when their CapeAir flight is grounded.

Safest bet in the winter would be to take the train to WRJ, fly into Manchester and rent a car, or take the Dartmouth coach from NYC. It's an adventure getting up there, but certainly worth it, in my opinion.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 10:12
This post received
KUDOS
Mine came today via FedEx. Had the acceptance letter and a tuck bag

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
omnivorous wrote:
Guys, on the biographical essay for scholarship application, anyone could give some insights/hints on how this essay should be structured? Thanks!

The essay is meant to help match your background (geography, professional interests, experiences, etc.) with the various scholarships.

If you receive a merit scholarship, you'll be told an amount. But that amount could be made up of one, two, or more scholarships. Each scholarship may or may not have specific stipulations (for example, a scholarship could focus on students with an interest in a specific field). So really, try to put down as much as you can about yourself (in a cohesive, concise manner).
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 17

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 17:17
This post received
KUDOS
bluegmat700 wrote:
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

As a side note I'm not a King (just in case jeje)

You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 19:14
This post received
KUDOS
alcalde wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

As a side note I'm not a King (just in case jeje)

You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)

My thoughts exactly :-D

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 19

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 09:07
This post received
KUDOS
The decisions for the November round will be released in two weeks!!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 54

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 13:24
This post received
KUDOS
djy2378 wrote:

January seems to be unusually long this year. I have been waiting since my interview in the middle of December. Well, now it's only 12 days left :)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
Vargen wrote:
djy2378 wrote:

January seems to be unusually long this year. I have been waiting since my interview in the middle of December. Well, now it's only 12 days left :)

Don't forget about the "heart attack email" you'll get this Friday from Tuck just "reminding" you that decision notifcations will be available in a week. As if you haven't had Feb 8 circled on your calendar for months.

Best of luck to everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 58 [1] , given: 37

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 10:12
This post received
KUDOS
I saw the "thanks for your interest in Tuck" line and was like, "early ding. great."

The wait is killing me and I applied in the January round. So much longer! AHH!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
MBAWanderlust wrote:
The applicant's thank you note would not cause me to change my decision about her/him.
Moral of the story - Send one in, if only to calm yourself, but keep it as short and to-the-point as possible. DO NOT use it as an opportunity to further your candidacy and add some more points about how awesome you are. It may be true, but at that point, it doesn't matter.

Just think of it as good manners. I sent thank you notes for all the job interviews I had during undergrad even though they had no bearing on the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 09:18
This post received
KUDOS
Wow, way to scare me Tuck. As if I'd forgotten about the decision date or something...

I know somebody mentioned this earlier, but I did end up forgetting about that reminder. Paid the price with a quick heart attack lol.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 09:38
This post received
KUDOS
sesamemochi wrote:
Wow, way to scare me Tuck. As if I'd forgotten about the decision date or something...

I know somebody mentioned this earlier, but I did end up forgetting about that reminder. Paid the price with a quick heart attack lol.

Same thing happened to me. Maybe the subject line should read "Login Information for Your Tuck Application" rather than "Your Tuck Application"; the former is pretty self-explanatory while the latter makes your heart skip a beat.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 11:14
This post received
KUDOS
rocky312 wrote:
Applied in the January round and got an interview invite yesterday.

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.

just had an interview onsite yesterday (Jan 31). It was conducted by a second year and was very casual. Opened with "walk me through your resume," went into strengths/weaknesses. I get the feeling that I would have been asked about leadership and teamwork if I hadn't worked that into my description of strengths. Also asked why MBA/why Tuck - again feel like I would have asked what I would contribute to the Tuck community if I hadn't already detailed that in the 'why tuck' portion. Final question was '3 things I want the admissions office to know about me' which threw me for a bit of a loop (I got the impression this generally throws people for a loop as I asked for a second after my first two to come up with a good third one, and was told that a lot of people don't make it through the first one). Then asked the interviewer questions about Tuck (hockey - he was on the A Team, Dartmouth Energy Collaborative, Tuck Partners and job opportunities, community for partners, etc).

Fit did seem to be very important throughout the interview and I remember reading somewhere that the interviewer basically reports back to the adcom whether or not they felt you would fit in to the Tuck community.
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2013, 11:14