Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 09:16
highwyre237 wrote:
autumnbubble1 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
I believe everyone finds out on the same day.

does it mean that we won't hear anything until 14 Dec if we've already done a self-initiated interview?

That's what adcom told my group during a QA on Monday. I wouldnt expect anything before then, but you never know

Thanks for your kind help highwyre237!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 07:47
I submitted my app yesterday. The application status at applyyourself shows submitted. However, I didn't receive a confirmation mail from the school after submission, unlike other schools. I thought this was unusual.

Did any of the folks here receive a confirmation mail from Tuck admissions after submission?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 07:55
niksworth wrote:
I submitted my app yesterday. The application status at applyyourself shows submitted. However, I didn't receive a confirmation mail from the school after submission, unlike other schools. I thought this was unusual.

Did any of the folks here receive a confirmation mail from Tuck admissions after submission?

Hmmm I did recieve one shortly after submitting

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. The Admissions Office has received your application materials.
blahblahblahblah

I'd make sure you have the correct email listed...
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 08:09
highwyre237 wrote:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. The Admissions Office has received your application materials.
blahblahblahblah

Oh dear! The mail was stuck in the junk folder! Funny, since I'd got numerous mails from Tuck earlier and all of them (including notification of recommendation submission) landed in the inbox without trouble.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 08:34
niksworth wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Dear xxxxx,

blahblahblahblah

Oh dear! The mail was stuck in the junk folder! Funny, since I'd got numerous mails from Tuck earlier and all of them (including notification of recommendation submission) landed in the inbox without trouble.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Yeah, double check your flags, for some reason it looks like there are 2 email adresses, tuck.admissions@tuck.dartmouth.edu and tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 18:03
Just popping in to say CONGRATS to all the early action app submit-ers from the band of current tuckies on gmatclub. Hoping many of you will be T'15s!

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:14
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Just popping in to say CONGRATS to all the early action app submit-ers from the band of current tuckies on gmatclub. Hoping many of you will be T'15s!

Thanks! The anxiety is adding to the total number of sleepless hours! I'm not sure how I'm going to last for another 2 months
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 20:45
This post received
KUDOS
Received an invitation to interview with Tuck - either on campus or through Skype. I was pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround (submitted application on Oct 10). Anyone else here who received the invite?
Retired Moderator
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 20:57
niksworth wrote:
Received an invitation to interview with Tuck - either on campus or through Skype. I was pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround (submitted application on Oct 10). Anyone else here who received the invite?

Congratulations! That indeed is a fast turnaround by the Tuck adcom. Endearing to see the first interview invite reported here and that too for an Indian applicant. All the best and let us know how it goes.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.53
WE: Business Development (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 08:33
Anyone else get an interview invite - for those who didnt go to Tuck for open interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 11:02
US Applicants, did you finish the applicant initiated interview first before you submit application? What if you cannot got for interview before you submit app?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 11:06
girlinslc wrote:
US Applicants, did you finish the applicant initiated interview first before you submit application? What if you cannot got for interview before you submit app?

You should explain why you didn't schedule an interview prior (i believe they give you a space within the app to do that)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 11:11
Thanks for your reply.
Is that considered negative?

I am waiting to hear from other schools before I make a trip to Tuck still I can still submit my app. but if no applicant initiated interview considered negative then no use of submitting app. So I am not sure what I should do!:(
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:14
girlinslc wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I am waiting to hear from other schools before I make a trip to Tuck still I can still submit my app. but if no applicant initiated interview considered negative then no use of submitting app. So I am not sure what I should do!:(

From my visits to Tuck and at admissions events, I never heard adcom's explicitly mention it would be considered "negative" for not scheduling an interview. That said, given Tuck's small class and niche community, I would say it wouldn't look good if you didn't have a legitimate excuse for not scheduling an interview.

Honestly, you should visit the school regardless. Tuck is a complete contrast to schools in urban locations (CBS, Wharton, etc). I initially hesitated on applying to Tuck before visiting, but now I see the benefits of a small class and tight-knit student community.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 23

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:18
prorsum wrote:
girlinslc wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

From my visits to Tuck and at admissions events, I never heard adcom's explicitly mention it would be considered "negative" for not scheduling an interview. That said, given Tuck's small class and niche community, I would say it wouldn't look good if you didn't have a legitimate excuse for not scheduling an interview.

Honestly, you should visit the school regardless. Tuck is a complete contrast to schools in urban locations (CBS, Wharton, etc). I initially hesitated on applying to Tuck before visiting, but now I see the benefits of a small class and tight-knit student community.

@ Prorsum: can you elaborate on these benefits?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:25
anyone going to the Tuck Diversity Weekend in Nov?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.42
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:32
Not sure. I applied and I am waiting to hear back. I would love to attend the conference. It would be great to get back up to Hanover and spend some more time with students and faculty.

Did you apply, and if so have you heard anything back yet?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:38
I applied last week, but haven't heard anything yet either. I wish they would get back to me, since I need to make travel arrangements, rent a car, etc.

Interestingly, the woman at the Admissions Officer who used to run it, Karen Marks, recently left Dartmouth to start her own admissions consulting company. But she's still listed as the contact person for the Diversity Weekend.

I actually know one of the students running the Tuck Diversity Weekend this year. I'm going to email him next week to see if he knows when decisions will be sent out, if I haven't heard anything. I'll post on the board and report what I learn.

Last edited by Ward2012 on 25 Oct 2012, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [1] , given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:46
This post received
KUDOS
dwinters wrote:
@ Prorsum: can you elaborate on these benefits?

At my job now, almost everyone went to HBS/Stanford/Wharton/CBS/Haas, so I have a good idea of what the 2-years would be like at those schools. Most urban schools with large classes have a "commuter campus" feel. Commuter as in classmates who live within city limits or region and pretty much have their network set up. CBS is known for this and I hear non-NYC locals have to play catch-up with building their network/friends, etc. I could see this happening if I go to Haas/Stanford, since i'm in SF and I probably won't move out of my rent controlled apt within the city. And I probably won't go full speed into network building events and activities. Just my 2cents on that.

From talking with Tuck alumni in SF and current students, I just felt that student community was not as competitive as in other schools i visited (HBS, CBS, Wharton). Everyone seemed to know each other and they would crack jokes with each other during classroom discussions. I feel regardless of which elite school you go to, you'll get the same caliber of academics. So with that, I felt that 2-years at Tuck would most def. help me build my network and become inspired to try new things/career prospects. Frankly, there is not much to do in Hanover so you have to be creative on keep yourself entertained. And most likely everyone will be on campus during the weekends. So when Tuck alumni say they are very close with their classmates, I believe that.

I went to undergrad in a very large school. It took me a quarter or two to navigate through the school and find clubs/orgs to join. Since bschool is only 2 years, I feel anytime spending digging a niche would be valuable time wasted. Thus I'm a bit hesitant on large bschools.

I got my job now through a chance encounter. That said, I'm hesitant on the career prospects at Tuck. I'm weary on the bulls*t some schools praise about and Tuck is not innocent on that. I think about it like this. Say I'm at CBS and I happen to meet a guy at a PE shop at a networking event. Next day, I could be in the office interviewing for a summer internship. I don't see that happening at Tuck given how far the school is from where most students will be ending up. I feel at Tuck, most recruiting events would have to be fully organized and scheduled. Not a bad thing though, but its a check mark against Tuck.

There are pros/cons at Tuck, but I think you'll have to make an extra effort to land those lucrative jobs. Something I would def consider doing if I get admitted.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 13:04
For those who have visited from NYC - do you recommend taking the Dartmouth Coach? Also, did you guys have to stay 2 nights since it seems all of the bus/train options leave early in the morning?
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2012, 13:04