Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 19:54
This post received
KUDOS
rocky312 wrote:
Applied in the January round and got an interview invite yesterday.

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.

Congratulations! My advice would be - focus on teamwork, know your strength and weaknesses well, demonstrate your knowledge about and fit with Tuck and, needless to say, communicate smoothly. [Tip: Refer to Clearadmit guide online]

A word on 'fit'. As per my understanding of the process, 'fit' is a very important, perhaps even an added admission criteria at Tuck unlike some of the other schools. It is important to convey how one's history exemplifies he /she will fit into the culture of the school. However, it's not the be all, end all and comes only after other aspects of one's candidature viz leadership, teamwork, intellectual ability are sufficiently demonstrated.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [1] , given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck skype interview - Video or Not?? [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 05:56
This post received
KUDOS
dormor wrote:
Hi,
Got interview invite for on-campus or Skype. (jan round)
Anyone knows if the skype interview is video or audio only?
And if video, Should i dress business attire?

There are a few threads with tips on this forum, but here are the cliffs notes: yes to video, dress in business attire (including pants!), make sure you are in a quiet room, think about wearing tasteful headphones so there is no feedback, and check the video beforehand to make sure what's behind you looks professional.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 6

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 01:06
This post received
KUDOS
ifif 2012, I disagree with you on both: sending notes and the fact that interviewer should respond. These points create unnecessary pressure for both applicant and interviewer. If you didn't send a thank you note or didn't receive a response, don't worry - it's a nice to have but in the end it DOES NOT matter. Focus on what's important - your application!!! Just a personal opinion...
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 02:13
This post received
KUDOS
Thousands wrote:
I applied the Jan round, and didn't receive any response now. Since the Nov round will begin to release offer, is it reasonable I assume game is over?

If I remember correctly, the invites last went out end of last week (31st Jan or 1st Feb?) I think they will take a break from then till let's say the 10th, between which they will be calling admitted students in Nov round and also wrapping up that round. Hence, you may hear from them post that. This is also probably the reason why people who have sent emails to the adcom to schedule a Skype interview havent heard back as of yet.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
I wonder if this massive blizzard bearing down on Boston will cause them to close the admissions office? It's supposed to be the worst storm in 2 years; school has already been cancelled for tomorrow and state and municipal workers were told to take the day off...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.55

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 10:53
This post received
KUDOS
stoweker wrote:
I wonder if this massive blizzard bearing down on Boston will cause them to close the admissions office? It's supposed to be the worst storm in 2 years; school has already been cancelled for tomorrow and state and municipal workers were told to take the day off...

First Sandy hit right before original deadline and now Nemo on announcement day . . . November Round has been cursed by weather.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 06:00
This post received
KUDOS
Just wanted to add some levity to those waiting to hear from Tuck today. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 07:43
This post received
KUDOS
sasankadc wrote:
Got a call from hanover... what does it mean?... i am getting excited...

I called back and she confirmed... I am in .. :) ..

All the best to the folks waiting....
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 77 [1] , given: 58

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 08:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys! Congrats to the new admits. It's only snowed a few inches in Hanover and its not currently snowing, so I don't expect the storm to keep adcomms from calling to welcome new Tuckies to the family.
For what it's worth, I got my call last year at about 4:30pm (ding emails were released at about 5pm). Hang in there!

Posted from my mobile device Image

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 107

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 14:27
This post received
KUDOS
They said it was for less than 10% of rejects in the email... Not exactly the exclusive club I'd like to be in right now lol

Congrats to all who got in! Time to celebrate!!

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 14:43
This post received
KUDOS
Waitlist for me as well. that's 4 for 4 now. I'm the king of waitlists

Last edited by Ward2012 on 08 Feb 2013, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 18:27
This post received
KUDOS
GMATKILLER80 wrote:
Hi Guys this is my first post on the forum, I just had a school initiated skype interview that I think really well. If Tuck invites you for an interview , is the spot your to lose?Thanks:)

Depends. Are you international/US Military deployed?
If so... then I think the Tuck interview invite is just like other schools' invites (we like you enough to learn more).
If not... then I do think its more of a positive sign. I was asked to interview (I had actually already scheduled my interview at the time of invite, but thats another story). From what I understand of Tuck admissions, an invite is less common and typically indicates that Tuck thinks you might fit. I wouldn't look at it as "yours to lose"...but certainly a good sign.

Others can chime in too.

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 06:39
This post received
KUDOS
So. Is it March 15th yet? This waiting thing is the worst.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:11
This post received
KUDOS
kschmidt1801 wrote:
I have no idea how I'm going to survive the next 17 days. I already want to throw up.

Tuck, please say yes!

Don't forget: Tuck is going to send you an email on March 8 that'll make your heart skip a beat. It's just a friendly reminder that decisions will be available by 5:00PM on March 15 - as if you didn't already know that.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:44
This post received
KUDOS
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Hi. I have a friend who interviewed on campus last week and received an email from Sara Cohen asking for another phone interview. Does anyone know what this could mean?

It means it probably didn't happen. See the 5th question from the bottom.

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/admissions-faq

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
courage2002 wrote:
Hi guys, I had the same situation. I did my on-campus interview early Jan, and received an email for another phone interview just now. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Few days ago I browsed the 2012 "Calling All" topic and the similar situation was mentionned there. Someone from China, I guess, told is was a kind of English language fluency testing, just a general chat.

But if you are located in the USA, this is not probably an issue for you, so maybe there are some other reasons for this.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hey future Tuckies.... 3/15 is fast approaching. Just a reminder that you *should* expect to get a call if you're admitted. Typically calls start on Thursday, but they go all the way until Friday late in the afternoon. I got my call at about 4:00pm Hanover time. Typically Thursday calls are more international and Friday calls are more domestic, but this isn't a hard and fast rule.

Hanover is area code 603

Good luck!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 26

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 03:13
This post received
KUDOS
bigcountry wrote:
rocky312 wrote:
ahhh the wait is killing me! anyone have tips for how to distract myself?

Chewing my way through some books right now. Just finished "Why We Buy?" (very bad IMHO) and now on to "Predictably Irrational", which has been much better. My goal is to get through at least 3 more books - one each about finance, economics/stats, and technology - before school starts. If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I prefer story-based business anecdotes a la "Outliers", "Innovator's Dilemma", "The Soul of a New Machine", etc.

try freakonomics - both editions.. amazing.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 444 [1] , given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 03:22
This post received
KUDOS
bigcountry wrote:
rocky312 wrote:
ahhh the wait is killing me! anyone have tips for how to distract myself?

Chewing my way through some books right now. Just finished "Why We Buy?" (very bad IMHO) and now on to "Predictably Irrational", which has been much better. My goal is to get through at least 3 more books - one each about finance, economics/stats, and technology - before school starts. If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I prefer story-based business anecdotes a la "Outliers", "Innovator's Dilemma", "The Soul of a New Machine", etc.

go through this thread: books-to-read-improve-verbal-score-and-enjoy-a-good-read-76079.html
and this
mba-books-good-books-to-read-prior-to-mba-74557.html

My personal favorite for 'story-based business anecdotes' is The Goal by Goldratt - in which he explains the Theory of Constraints (operations). I don't read many books, but it is probably one of the best business books I've read, particularly because its an easy read.

[edit: the second thread does not talk highly of my choice. I think I should read more books :) ]

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 04:26
This post received
KUDOS
Why not try a book by a Tuck prof? Ron Adner's "The Wide Lens" is a very good read/listen
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2013, 04:26