Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 01:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 00:53
Mine changed only on Oct 29... don't know how long should be waiting for...

autumnbubble1 wrote:
Is there anyone else whose app homepage still doesn't show 'Application Status'?

Tuck admission officer asked me to relax but I'm still a bit nervous about it...
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 03:15
Is anyone else going up to Hanover for their interview this week?

My interview is on Nov 8. The Consortium deadline is on Nov 15 but I know the normal November round deadline is on Nov 7, so I expect to be one of the few interviewing on the 8th.

I'm pretty excited, and maybe just a bit nervous.

Travel Plans:
My client is in Connecticut, so I will be leaving early on Wednesday and driving up from there. I will driving through Boston first to pick up my fiancee who is flying in to take the trip with me and we should hopefully be able to get into Hanover by 10 pm.
Current Student
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 05:54
Have people from India already been invited for interviews in Delhi or Bangalore? Any one knows how that works. As in are you given a choice to attend either of the two or they tell you the city with the invite ?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:01
Hi Guys,

Got the interview invite today.

All the best to everyone awaiting their invites.

Vanishing Nerd

Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:29
vanishingnerd wrote:
Hi Guys,

Got the interview invite today.

All the best to everyone awaiting their invites.

Great. All the best. Ur an indian but not in india right?

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:54
str1der: You're right. I am Indian. I live and work in Belgium.

Vanishing Nerd

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 20:51
Francesc wrote:
Have people from India already been invited for interviews in Delhi or Bangalore? Any one knows how that works. As in are you given a choice to attend either of the two or they tell you the city with the invite ?

Hey,
People from Delhi have started getting invites (I haven't got one though). Two of my friends have. It's not really a batch system and they are releasing the invites spread over a long duration. Not sure about Bangalore though.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 22:21
mudit234 wrote:
Francesc wrote:

Hey,
People from Delhi have started getting invites (I haven't got one though). Two of my friends have. It's not really a batch system and they are releasing the invites spread over a long duration. Not sure about Bangalore though.

Hey Mudit234,
Thanks for the info. I heard that they invite people 1 week before the actual interview. Hopefully, should hear something today if we are to be interviewed on 9th in Delhi.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 09:13
Does any one know what is the invite to admit ratio for Tuck? I do understand that due to the nature of interviews (mostly self-initiated), it is quite difficult to quantify the conversion ratios. Still if anyone has any info would be of help.

Vanishing Nerd

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 13:59
This post received
KUDOS
Just got this email from Tuck:

"Our thoughts are with all who have suffered as a result of the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. First and foremost, we hope that everyone is safe and able to recover quickly. We do recognize that some prospective applicants in affected areas may still be without power or access to a computer. In order to accommodate those applicants impacted by the storm, we will extend the application deadline for you to November 19. To facilitate application review and provide timely admissions decisions, all other applicants who were not affected by the storm should still submit no later than November 7.

If you have any questions or we can provide further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest Regards,

The Tuck Admissions Team"
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2012, 12:39
Submitted for the November Round. Best of luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 16:32
Ward2012 wrote:

"Our thoughts are with all who have suffered as a result of the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. First and foremost, we hope that everyone is safe and able to recover quickly. We do recognize that some prospective applicants in affected areas may still be without power or access to a computer. In order to accommodate those applicants impacted by the storm, we will extend the application deadline for you to November 19. To facilitate application review and provide timely admissions decisions, all other applicants who were not affected by the storm should still submit no later than November 7.

If you have any questions or we can provide further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest Regards,

Hey -- was this email sent directly to you? Just wanted to check so that I can follow up with Adcom on receiving messages from Tuck.. Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 192 [1] , given: 628

Re: Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 16:44
This post received
KUDOS
ttnguyen wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

Warmest Regards,

Hey -- was this email sent directly to you? Just wanted to check so that I can follow up with Adcom on receiving messages from Tuck.. Thanks!

I also got this email.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Hurricane Sandy and Tuck Nov Round [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 16:44
ttnguyen wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

Warmest Regards,

Yes it was sent directly to me and addressed to me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 17:02
Was going to apply for the Jan round - now considering knocking it out for the 19th since there are plenty of interview dates.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 17:38
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Was going to apply for the Jan round - now considering knocking it out for the 19th since there are plenty of interview dates.

Just something to keep in mind: if you take advantage of the November 19th date, but weren't adversely affected by Sandy, it might look bad to the adcom (given the language of their email).

Edit: I meant the "general" you and not you specifically, hookemhorns.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 18:13
kingfalcon wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Just something to keep in mind: if you take advantage of the November 19th date, but weren't adversely affected by Sandy, it might look bad to the adcom (given the language of their email).

Edit: I meant the "general" you and not you specifically, hookemhorns.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "adversely affected". I am hoping to make the original deadline still, but as a resident in NYC that lives in SoPo (South of the Powerline) and whose office was also without electricity over the past week, there are a few things I have to catch up on... But I do have a few more days to get my application together, so we'll see. Thanks all for clarifying.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 03:39
Very impressed that Tuck was willing to move back deadlines for those effected by the storm. I was ultimately unaffected, and while it would be nice to do the November deadline instead of the January, I'm leaving those spots to folks that legitimately had their plans torched thanks to Sandy. Personally, I agree with kingfalcon to not try to sneak in to the earlier date on a technicality, as it may reflect poorly.

Additionally with the entire scope of the previous discussion: do the applicant-initiated interview if you are serious about Tuck, just find a way to do it. Admissions essentially told me as much. It shows commitment and desire to the committees. Admissions essentially told me (and many others) as much...so nice, I said it twice. :lol: Anyway, I greatly appreciate Tuck's candid responses rather than the more nebulous hackneyed responses I have received from other programs to much more direct questions. Their honesty, directness, and courtesy have been absolutely fantastic.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 08:39
Spoke to tuck admissions. They said those who are to be interiewed during/after the event in india have probably already been invited. More interviews may happen over skype afterwards.

Bad news it seems. And extremely dissapointing for me - 5 apps and not even s ingle interview it seems. F**k

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 09:01
str1der wrote:
Spoke to tuck admissions. They said those who are to be interiewed during/after the event in india have probably already been invited. More interviews may happen over skype afterwards.

Bad news it seems. And extremely dissapointing for me - 5 apps and not even s ingle interview it seems. F**k

Probably already been invited? I wouldn't read too much into it. I haven't been invited either. And yea, I haven't got a single invite yet. Hope that changes soon. All the best!
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2012, 09:01