Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 02:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 14:43
vanishingnerd wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I couldn't find anything on tuck about the deadline for recommenders. HBS for example has said clearly that they will consider a small delay, i.e. one day. Does anyone knows about tuck? This is my last app, and the first one my recommenders did not meet the deadline...




Well I can speak for myself.

Both of my recommendations were submitted 3 to 5 days after the official deadline. I think Tuck Adcom does understand that most recommenders are very busy, like in my case, my boss could only submit it on the weekend.

Hope this helps.


It is one of those things where the adcom doesn't want to give an answer that could let applicants overlook rules and deadlines but they might let you on the boat as long as you don't appear too negligent. Despite all the advance notices you can give, recommendations are ultimately out of your control and I think they get that.

If I were you, I would drop in a mail to the adcom explaining the situation and get a confirmation from them (esp if the delay is only a few hours), just to sleep better !
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 14:53
youngr wrote:
Woo - my last recommendation just came in with 9 minutes to spare!

I have a number of colleagues and friends who either graduated from Dartmouth or attended Tuck. Can anyone comment on the benefit of additional statements of recommendation and fit at Tuck?


Definitely wouldn't have them submit an official recommendation, but if an actual Tuck alum, who actually knows you well, "spontaneously" chose to send a brief message/email to the Adcom expressing how much they think you will add to the Tuck community, it certainly couldn't hurt. Who are you to stop them?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 17:59
moki wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I couldn't find anything on tuck about the deadline for recommenders. HBS for example has said clearly that they will consider a small delay, i.e. one day. Does anyone knows about tuck? This is my last app, and the first one my recommenders did not meet the deadline...




Well I can speak for myself.

Both of my recommendations were submitted 3 to 5 days after the official deadline. I think Tuck Adcom does understand that most recommenders are very busy, like in my case, my boss could only submit it on the weekend.

Hope this helps.


It is one of those things where the adcom doesn't want to give an answer that could let applicants overlook rules and deadlines but they might let you on the boat as long as you don't appear too negligent. Despite all the advance notices you can give, recommendations are ultimately out of your control and I think they get that.

If I were you, I would drop in a mail to the adcom explaining the situation and get a confirmation from them (esp if the delay is only a few hours), just to sleep better !


I had an odd situation with one of my recommenders, and adcom was extremely helpful. I would definitely reach out if you are concerned.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 20:00
Is anybody aware of any applicant who has received an interview invite for the event scheduled to be held in Mumbai, India on 14th Nov?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Waiting...
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 00:46
vanishingnerd wrote:
Hi Guys,

Awfully quiet down here. Did any fellow international candidates interview via Skype recently? If so, could you please elaborate on your experiences, how long was it?

Thanks


Had a skype interview this week. Very relaxed. Not trying to catch you out or anything like that. If you are confident about "Why MBA? Why Tuck? Why now?", I think you'll ace the interview. I think it was supposed to be about 30 - 45 minutes, but we ended up talking for a while longer...

Ciao
_________________

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 03:44
fedexunledded wrote:
Is anybody aware of any applicant who has received an interview invite for the event scheduled to be held in Mumbai, India on 14th Nov?


Yes, I'm interviewing in Mumbai. I was earlier supposed to interview via skype but later got an email asking to interview in-person.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 04:19
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (EA)?

Last edited by mudit234 on 08 Nov 2012, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 05:51
Hello~
I'm an applicant for the EA round and recently invited to Skype interview.
Although the Admissions Team told me that an interviewer would be arranged within two business days - before or on Nov. 10, I haven't received any further emails yet.
I've also sent an email to get any feedback, but haven't got any replies.
Do you think that I need to call?
Does anyone know whether there's an Internet connections problem at Hanover because of Hurricane Sandy?
It's getting nervous as time goes by! Please give your opinion. :)

Last edited by focusonthecore on 08 Nov 2012, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying
Affiliations: None
Joined: 10 May 2009
Posts: 56
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 06:03
Submitted last night...good luck everyone
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 07:06
mudit234 wrote:
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (R1)?


I think so yes. Other than Indian candidates i havent seen many invites to other int students go out. So lets keep up hope!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 09:44
focusonthecore wrote:
Hello~
I'm an applicant for the EA round and recently invited to Skype interview.
Although the Admissions Team told me that an interviewer would be arranged within two business days - before or on Nov. 10, I haven't received any further emails yet.
I've also sent an email to get any feedback, but haven't got any replies.
Do you think that I need to call?
Does anyone know whether there's an Internet connections problem at Hanover because of Hurricane Sandy?
It's getting nervous as time goes by! Please give your opinion. :)


I wouldn't call until the time frame they have given you has passed. If they told you before or on Nov 10, you should wait till the 11th to check in. That said, I would definitely call on the 11th and ask for my status (restating the time frame they already gave).

If they offered you an interview that's a great sign. Some of us are still in purgatory. Best of luck!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:21
mudit234 wrote:
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (R1)?


Invites now are only for EA rounds. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:25
ldivine wrote:
focusonthecore wrote:
Hello~
I'm an applicant for the EA round and recently invited to Skype interview.
Although the Admissions Team told me that an interviewer would be arranged within two business days - before or on Nov. 10, I haven't received any further emails yet.
I've also sent an email to get any feedback, but haven't got any replies.
Do you think that I need to call?
Does anyone know whether there's an Internet connections problem at Hanover because of Hurricane Sandy?
It's getting nervous as time goes by! Please give your opinion. :)


I wouldn't call until the time frame they have given you has passed. If they told you before or on Nov 10, you should wait till the 11th to check in. That said, I would definitely call on the 11th and ask for my status (restating the time frame they already gave).

If they offered you an interview that's a great sign. Some of us are still in purgatory. Best of luck!


I had the same issue for the deadline around 8th. So I emailed one of the adcom I personally had met before. She fwded my request to the person-in-charge. Et Voila, I got an email within a day's time. I would suggest you to wait till the deadline as the adcom explained me that sometimes its difficult to match the availability of your interviewer (generally a second year student).
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:29
vanishingnerd wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (R1)?


Invites now are only for EA rounds. Others can correct me if I am wrong.


You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Posts: 89
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 17:58
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:10
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks


I can't speak for traffic, but parking kind of sucks. Your options are the visitor lot, then taking a shuttle, or you could try paid parking in town and walking to campus. In all honesty, the latter might me quicker.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:21
CobraKai wrote:
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks


I can't speak for traffic, but parking kind of sucks. Your options are the visitor lot, then taking a shuttle, or you could try paid parking in town and walking to campus. In all honesty, the latter might me quicker.


I drove from Boston, left around 6:45 or 7, got in around 9:20. had plenty of time to park in the visitors lot and hop on the shuttle. You should be fine where ever you decide to park.

Last edited by highwyre237 on 08 Nov 2012, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:24
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks

If you're not set on driving, you may want to look into the Dartmouth Coach. Only $50 round trip and you don't have to worry about parking. Plus, you can just zone out (or mentally prepare) during the trip up rather than stress about traffic and driving.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it leaves from Logan and South Station. The only major downside is that the last bus back leaves Hanover at 5PM.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 21:43
MoKi wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (R1)?


Invites now are only for EA rounds. Others can correct me if I am wrong.


You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.


Thanks. I was referring to the EA. I am an Indian applicant and was getting a bit worried seeing all the Indian invites :)
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 00:13
mudit234 wrote:
MoKi wrote:

You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.


Thanks. I was referring to the EA. I am an Indian applicant and was getting a bit worried seeing all the Indian invites :)


Mudit - although I would want to remain optimistic and ask you to do the same, I'm afraid I need to quell some perceptions here. I am a reapplicant from last year, so can add some value in that regard.

No one from India reported interviews on this forum AFTER the events scheduled in India had already happened. Last year they didn't come to Delhi, and a couple of people I know actually flew down to Mumbai for their interviews, while others Skyped. There was only one Indian who reported an interview invitation in Dec via skype, but he didn't mention if he got it in nov or dec - his post was ambiguous. Other international candidates will definitely get calls but for Indians my friend, I am afraid the curtains are more or less drawn. If one of us gets a non event interview now, it would be an exception than the norm.

Also, a few weeks ago when I saw my app status as incomplete despite having submitted everything, I called the admissions office. Among other things, she told me that your app is already being read as you are a reapplicant and from India where we are visiting soon. So it is highly probable that all Indian applicant files have already been evaluated.

Hope this makes sense.
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2012, 00:13
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
17 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants wiseguyMBA 637 14 Aug 2009, 07:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  60    Next  [ 1188 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.