Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 01:50
str1der wrote:
wow! Apps in EA up by 30%? That's stupendous. Such a competitive pool then. Making me more nervous.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Yes, it seems that the Economist ranking and Tuck's own recruiting efforts are really paying off. All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst :|

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 06:10
30% up?! Wow!!! As an applicant thats terrible news to hear. I have the feeling this % is even higher for international students - Tuck / Dartmouth is a well established brand in the USA and the admissions dept has made a big push to promote recruiting abroad. For example they just created a Latin American advisory board and doubled financial aid for this region.

Concerning thr Economist rankings, or any rankings for that matter, I cant believe applicants place so much importance in them. They weighted so little in my application criteria.

The waiting continues.

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 09:06
I wonder how much of this is because of the GMAT changes. There was a theory floating around that many candidates (read: 're-take'ers) rushed to take the GMAT earlier this year before the IR section got introduced. Seems more applicants were ready with their scores before June which gave them 4+ months to work on their apps for EA. May be applicants who would have otherwise put off until Nov/Jan actually applied earlier? I read some article about this on P & Q.

Again, I'm sure the rankings played a huge part and all the H/S/W rejects who normally show up in Jan round applied early given the latest rankings of Tuck. The consolation from both these theories is that overall increase might not be 30% and only the balance tilted towards EA - it can mean more admits from EA or probably a huge waiting list which would kinda suck :x
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 10:56
Prudence wrote:
Tuck loves military candidates and recruiters love them too.

I hope I get shown some love on December 14!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2012, 14:50
30% rise in EA applicants is certainly bad news for applicants. When I visited Tuck in summer, the adcom was complaining that the number of applicants has been falling in the last 2 years. I guess they should be happy now!
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 02:50
Prudence wrote:
Hi everyone, I attended the Tuck reception in Bangalore and thought I'd share some pointers. Some of these may already be known to you:

1. EA invites are still coming out, geography no bar. This year, the EA volume is up by 30% and Allegra mentioned that the adcom is stressed out, trying to wrap up everything before the decision day. Her advice to applicants was to wait and not assume the worst.

(Personally, I feel that since they haven't finished reading the apps, you cannot assume that they've covered all apps from country X or Y. I don't think it is correct to assume that if you didn't get an invitation that coincided with a reception, you're scrood.)

6. The one thing she stressed the most were the career goals. I think she talked about it at least 3 or 4 times. If your career goal is lofty, then Career Services steps in to determine whether they have the resources to place you in that role after your MBA. So it is very important that you state a strong case for your goals.

Hope this helps!
Pru

Thanks for sharing this, Pru!

Number 1 gives me hope. A little bit. But hope nonetheless...

Number 6 I think is something everyone should really understand and take into consideration in choosing a school.
A lot has been said about students fitting into a school. But I think what some people fail to consider is that FIT is two-way. Career services also need to ensure they can deliver on an applicant's expectations, especially because student satisfaction is a big driver in some rankings.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 10:06
Offices should be closing now. No more invites until monday.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 01:42
Did any of the R1 applicants who didnt go for the self-initiated interview in Hanover receive interview calls yet?
I am an international applicant and keep watching my phone for a call!
Current Student
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 09:30
hselika wrote:
Did any of the R1 applicants who didnt go for the self-initiated interview in Hanover receive interview calls yet?
I am an international applicant and keep watching my phone for a call!

I'm not sure they will cold call you. What seems to be the norm is that you get an email telling you that they're inviting you to interview with them, and then you set-up the date, time, and logistics.

To answer your question though:
It appears none of international R1 applicants (at least here in gmatclub) who did not initiate and interview and who are not from a country where admissions events were held got invited to an interview yet.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 10:03
I second Jason. Hopefully next week will bring some good news

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 01:56
Sharpie wrote:
I second Jason. Hopefully next week will bring some good news

I doubt it. I think they have already initiated skype interviews with intl. candidates. Another forum reports invites from Japan, Belgium, Korea, Russia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico in addition to India. As per Tuck website, no admission event was held in Belgium, Brazil, Canada and Mexico after Oct 10, the first round deadline. So, I am assuming that few intl. applicants on this forum have received skype invites. Further, the sample size on these forums is too small.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 14:21
Hey Guys,

Looking for opinions on this:

I'm an EA applicant and did a self-initiated interview. Thus I have no bearing on my candidacy at Tuck (since I consider interview invites initiated by the school as somewhat of a sign of interest).

I recently received a promotion and in addition to the increase in job scope, I will now manage a team.

Should I let Tuck adcoms know of this recent change? (since EA decision is only a few weeks away)

Thnx
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 14:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Prorsum,

Congratulations on your promotions. I would strongly encourage you to send this information to the adcom at Tuck. Do mention what kind of managerial role you would take. Also, consider mentioning project type, team size etc.

Hope this helps. In any case, the wait continues. :)

Vanishing Nerd

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 14:30
This post received
KUDOS
prorsum wrote:
Hey Guys,

Looking for opinions on this:

I'm an EA applicant and did a self-initiated interview. Thus I have no bearing on my candidacy at Tuck (since I consider interview invites initiated by the school as somewhat of a sign of interest).

I recently received a promotion and in addition to the increase in job scope, I will now manage a team.

Should I let Tuck adcoms know of this recent change? (since EA decision is only a few weeks away)

Thnx

Congratulations on your promotion!! :)

You should definitely let the adcom know about the promotion as it 'positively' alters your resume and is an endorsement of your professional abilities by your employer. It may or may not change the adcom's decision if it has been made already, but I don't think this extra information will hurt your chances anywhere. Go ahead and share the good news with them.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 07:02
Any waitlist applicants from last year? Have you received interview or any update from admission office?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 15:24
postdog wrote:
Any waitlist applicants from last year? Have you received interview or any update from admission office?

I was a waitlist applicant. But don't you just self initiate interviews? I did get a feedback session from adcom though.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 04:40
postdog wrote:

International reapplicant. No interview / no update.

Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 06:56
Almost all interview invites have changed to interview completed on this forum. So, I am assuming that Tuck will be reviewing/done with reviewing the EA round applications. Is there still any chance for an intl. interview invite? I have heard from students that Yale, Darden and Cornell can send invites even one week before the decision day. Can we expect something similar from Tuck or no?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 09:17
FYI,

#tuckschool chatting NOW until 1pm ET! Join us; ow.ly/fCuRA. #bschool #mba

Vanishing Nerd

Manager
Manager

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 10:54
vanishingnerd wrote:
FYI,

#tuckschool chatting NOW until 1pm ET! Join us; ow.ly/fCuRA. #bschool #mba

I missed it. Any update on the EA round interview invites? Thanks
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2012, 10:54