Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 01:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 06:37
anyone recieved interview for nov round (not self initiated)?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 611

Kudos [?]: 2401 [0], given: 714

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:35
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 20:38
Anyone have a credible idea of what application volume at Tuck was like for EA and round 1?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 20:58
stoweker wrote:
Anyone have a credible idea of what application volume at Tuck was like for EA and round 1?

I'm not sure if that information is disclosed.

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 21:11
stoweker wrote:

I don't think anyone here will have a 'credible' idea, although someone did talk about adcom pointing out a 30% increase in EA applications. Schools usually hold on to releasing that information until app cycle is complete as it can potentially impact application flow in later rounds.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 17:49
Does the application status change after the interview ? I had my interview more than a month back, but my status on my online application still just says "Submitted".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 21:08
For the January applicants, how disadvantageous is it, if we don't visit campus and do an interview there? Someone told me that it's "insanely difficult" to get into tuck without visiting to do a self-initiated interview.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 10:56
Shawshank wrote:
For the January applicants, how disadvantageous is it, if we don't visit campus and do an interview there? Someone told me that it's "insanely difficult" to get into tuck without visiting to do a self-initiated interview.

That totally depends on where you are located right now. If you're in US and chose not to visit, it may raise a few eyebrows. It could make the adcom wonder if you're a casual applicant who hasn't done his part to find out enough about Tuck. You could earn points by attending info-sessions and contacting students/alums and they might let you pass if you are an otherwise strong applicant. It is a different story if you're an international.

Tuck is very particular about fit and they don't want to admit someone who is not comfortable with their sense of community and tradition. They look to see if you have demonstrated an interest to find that for yourself.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:33
MoKi wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

That totally depends on where you are located right now. If you're in US and chose not to visit, it may raise a few eyebrows. It could make the adcom wonder if you're a casual applicant who hasn't done his part to find out enough about Tuck. You could earn points by attending info-sessions and contacting students/alums and they might let you pass if you are an otherwise strong applicant. It is a different story if you're an international.

Tuck is very particular about fit and they don't want to admit someone who is not comfortable with their sense of community and tradition. They look to see if you have demonstrated an interest to find that for yourself.

Thanks for this. I'm in the U.S. but not in the east coast. I have attended an info session in my home city and have talked to a current student. Not sure if this is enough, but i get the strong impression that i may need to visit.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:37
Shawshank wrote:

Thanks for this. I'm in the U.S. but not in the east coast. I have attended an info session in my home city and have talked to a current student. Not sure if this is enough, but i get the strong impression that i may need to visit.

School visits work both ways too. I initially was hesitant on applying to Tuck prior my visit and afterwards I did a complete 180. I'm based in SF btw.

I feel like the admissions event do not show enough about the school
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 23

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:38
Shawshank wrote:
MoKi wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I did not self-initiate an interview, but specifically mentioned that I would come visit if the adcom was interested in my candidacy. As in, let them express interest first and ask for an interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 15:22
dwinters wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I did not self-initiate an interview, but specifically mentioned that I would come visit if the adcom was interested in my candidacy. As in, let them express interest first and ask for an interview.

I know someone on last years forum was accepted doing just that. If I remember correctly, the application specifically asked you to explain why you haven't completed an interview. Tell them the time, schedule, money or whatever didn't work out before the deadline, but you would love the opportunity to interview at a later date. I think if you are a good match for Tuck, they will reach out to you for an interview. It would only be an application killer if you live in Boston. Make sure to pay particular attention to "fit" on your application, since you haven't demonstrated your enthusiasm by making the trek to New-freaking-Hampshire like most of the other domestic applicants will have.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 07:39
Any November round interview invites out yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 10:13
I just received the interview invite! They insist on visiting campus, but they gave the Skype option

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 10:24
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I just received the interview invite! They insist on visiting campus, but they gave the Skype option

Wow! All the best for your interview!

Waiting for the India invites to start rolling out :)...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 10:52
I just received an interview invite. Does every get an invite??
Does the invite mean that my application was reviewed and they liked it?
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 11:00
sandy0077 wrote:

It definitely means that they liked your application! Best of Luck for the interview!
Could you let us know where you're located?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 11:13
MBAWanderlust wrote:
sandy0077 wrote:

It definitely means that they liked your application! Best of Luck for the interview!
Could you let us know where you're located?

For other schools I wouldn't have asked that question, but Tuck works differently with interviews I guess.
Thanks anyways !! I am from New Delhi, India.
I am considering visiting for an on-campus interview. I hope I get a visa !!
All the best to you too!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:30
I just got an invite for interview (November round applicant).. I got myself registered for an interview on 8th Jan :)..

Last edited by sasankadc on 04 Dec 2012, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 13:34
are any interviewees consortium candidates?

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2012, 13:34