Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 08:38
vanishingnerd wrote:
Any clue how long do we (EA round applicants) need to wait before we hear something from Tuck?

PS: Non-US candidate.


If you've already interviewed... nothing until 12/14
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 08:49
Not interviewed yet. Awaiting response from AdCom. Looking at the last year's thread International Students started receiving off-campus interview invites around this week.
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 14:39
.

Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 18 Jan 2013, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 347
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 18:57
Is not visiting tuck a huge liability? I'm applying there for january round but can't visit due to financial constraints (i'm not on the east coast). Should I discuss this in the optional essay?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 00:20
They specifically ask for reasons not to visit in the online application. May be there you can spell out some reasons/constraints.
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2012
Posts: 71
Location: Philippines
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:31
Perhaps they'll start inviting people for Interviews only after they have reviewed everyone else who made the campus visit/self-initiated interview...? If I were in their shoes I'd most likely do that -- prioritize those who prioritized me.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:45
jason12e wrote:
Perhaps they'll start inviting people for Interviews only after they have reviewed everyone else who made the campus visit/self-initiated interview...? If I were in their shoes I'd most likely do that -- prioritize those who prioritized me.


I doubt that the adcom sorts applications in that order. One person reported an interview invite just 6 days after the EA deadline.

Frankly, I believe they can invite you anytime between now and december barring maybe a 1-2 week lock down befire the accouncement date. Keep your hopes up and don't read too much into it :)
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:53
Something else to keep in mind: the deadline for applicant initiated interviews is 10/31 for the EA round, so there are still folks that have submitted their application by 10/10 and their application won't be complete until they get to campus to interview before Halloween. This is different than the November round, where the deadline to submit AND interview is November 7.

Was this helpful? Probably not :P
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 45
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 23

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 08:40
Shawshank wrote:
Is not visiting tuck a huge liability? I'm applying there for january round but can't visit due to financial constraints (i'm not on the east coast). Should I discuss this in the optional essay?


I did EA, based on the west coast, and did not self-initiate an interview. Do not state financial constraints as a reason - it just doesn't hold much weight given that 1. you have a job and 2. you're about to sacrifice a tons of $$ for b-school, what's another $500-$1000?

I was very forthcoming with my reasoning: I told them I'm very interested in Tuck, and have attended an info session in my city, but I would rather Tuck express interest in me first before I go on campus to interview.

Just got an interview invite today :) Now I have to figure out if I can actually fly to Hanover within the next two weeks or just go with a skype interview.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2012
Posts: 71
Location: Philippines
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 17:12
dwinters wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
Is not visiting tuck a huge liability? I'm applying there for january round but can't visit due to financial constraints (i'm not on the east coast). Should I discuss this in the optional essay?


I did EA, based on the west coast, and did not self-initiate an interview. Do not state financial constraints as a reason - it just doesn't hold much weight given that 1. you have a job and 2. you're about to sacrifice a tons of $$ for b-school, what's another $500-$1000?

I was very forthcoming with my reasoning: I told them I'm very interested in Tuck, and have attended an info session in my city, but I would rather Tuck express interest in me first before I go on campus to interview.

Just got an interview invite today :) Now I have to figure out if I can actually fly to Hanover within the next two weeks or just go with a skype interview.



That's cool! Congratulations on your interview invite. I wish I had thought of that answer. Hahaha!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 19:36
Hi Guyz,

I submitted my ED application on 09 Oct, but still the status is "Submission Status: Submitted"

All the relevant document/forms are shown as received though.

Some postings from folks who got interview invitations make me nervous. Too soon to expect ding?
Or Can anyone who got interview invitation tells me how the status is shown in the website?

This waiting game is killing me a little by little as time goes by.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: CPA
Joined: 09 May 2011
Posts: 41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 19:56
shushu wrote:
Hi Guyz,

I submitted my ED application on 09 Oct, but still the status is "Submission Status: Submitted"

All the relevant document/forms are shown as received though.

Some postings from folks who got interview invitations make me nervous. Too soon to expect ding?
Or Can anyone who got interview invitation tells me how the status is shown in the website?

This waiting game is killing me a little by little as time goes by.


My status is the same as yours, I received an email notification with no change to my status.

I was told to complete my interview by 11/8, I would say if you do not hear anything after that then a ding is more likely. But right now it is too soon. Good luck
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Waiting...
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 01:50
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!
_________________

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 03:19
Squish wrote:
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!


Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 06:49
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!


Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!



Firstly, congratulations on the invite. Best of luck.

I wonder if Tuck has given up on alumni interviews? Definitely there must be some alum available to interview in India (I derived from the two comments that you are Indian and probably based in India).
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 07:49
mgec wrote:
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!


Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!



Firstly, congratulations on the invite. Best of luck.

I wonder if Tuck has given up on alumni interviews? Definitely there must be some alum available to interview in India (I derived from the two comments that you are Indian and probably based in India).


All interviews are done by admissions staff
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 08:12
str1der wrote:

All interviews are done by admissions staff


Two years ago, I interviewed with an alum overseas. On campus interviews were conducted then mostly by second year students. It will be interesting how they conduct Skype interviews with candidates based in countries where Skype is banned.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 09:21
str1der wrote:
Squish wrote:
Got an interview invite last night! Have sent an email asking for a skype interview.

Would have loved to visit, but being halfway across the world doesn't help. Also, work is HECTIC right now, and being away for 3 days is just impossible!


Congrats! and very interesting. You are the second Indian to receive an invite in a short time span of two weeks. Anxiety up!


My application was completed only on Tuesday evening. Surprised people have already got interview invites. Maybe they submitted early ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 68
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 10:35
My application has been completed since Sep 20. With each passing day, I think that my chance has come and gone. However, I see that people who have got calls submitted closed to the deadline. So, maybe they are going about the applications in a random order, I certainly hope so.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 13:43
icecube6000 wrote:
My application has been completed since Sep 20. With each passing day, I think that my chance has come and gone. However, I see that people who have got calls submitted closed to the deadline. So, maybe they are going about the applications in a random order, I certainly hope so.


I'm pretty sure as recently as last year they were still printing out applications and reading them on paper. Not sure if they have changed this yet, but even if it is digital now, there is a good chance your application may be reviewed more by order of where it fell in the pile, than when it was actually received. I've also never heard a school specifically say if they start reviewing applications before the deadline. I know they are pretty busy in the fall with travel for recruiting, etc.

If I were waiting for an interview invite I would wait until at least mid-November before I broke out the cyanide tablets. :wink:
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2012, 13:43
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
627 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! GrantMeAdmission 1556 21 Apr 2013, 08:49
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  60    Next  [ 1188 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.