Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:10
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks


I can't speak for traffic, but parking kind of sucks. Your options are the visitor lot, then taking a shuttle, or you could try paid parking in town and walking to campus. In all honesty, the latter might me quicker.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:21
CobraKai wrote:
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks


I can't speak for traffic, but parking kind of sucks. Your options are the visitor lot, then taking a shuttle, or you could try paid parking in town and walking to campus. In all honesty, the latter might me quicker.


I drove from Boston, left around 6:45 or 7, got in around 9:20. had plenty of time to park in the visitors lot and hop on the shuttle. You should be fine where ever you decide to park.

Last edited by highwyre237 on 08 Nov 2012, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 18:24
wpye86 wrote:
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuck next Monday. I will be driving from Boston to Tuck, has any of you done this before? Is there any trafic if i leave at 6:30am from Boston? I need to get to Tuck around 10AM.

Any advice, please PM me if you like.

Thanks

If you're not set on driving, you may want to look into the Dartmouth Coach. Only $50 round trip and you don't have to worry about parking. Plus, you can just zone out (or mentally prepare) during the trip up rather than stress about traffic and driving.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it leaves from Logan and South Station. The only major downside is that the last bus back leaves Hanover at 5PM.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 21:43
MoKi wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Hi guys,
I haven't received an interview invite yet. Do you think that there going to be more invites for international students (R1)?


Invites now are only for EA rounds. Others can correct me if I am wrong.


You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.


Thanks. I was referring to the EA. I am an Indian applicant and was getting a bit worried seeing all the Indian invites :)
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 00:13
mudit234 wrote:
MoKi wrote:

You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.


Thanks. I was referring to the EA. I am an Indian applicant and was getting a bit worried seeing all the Indian invites :)


Mudit - although I would want to remain optimistic and ask you to do the same, I'm afraid I need to quell some perceptions here. I am a reapplicant from last year, so can add some value in that regard.

No one from India reported interviews on this forum AFTER the events scheduled in India had already happened. Last year they didn't come to Delhi, and a couple of people I know actually flew down to Mumbai for their interviews, while others Skyped. There was only one Indian who reported an interview invitation in Dec via skype, but he didn't mention if he got it in nov or dec - his post was ambiguous. Other international candidates will definitely get calls but for Indians my friend, I am afraid the curtains are more or less drawn. If one of us gets a non event interview now, it would be an exception than the norm.

Also, a few weeks ago when I saw my app status as incomplete despite having submitted everything, I called the admissions office. Among other things, she told me that your app is already being read as you are a reapplicant and from India where we are visiting soon. So it is highly probable that all Indian applicant files have already been evaluated.

Hope this makes sense.
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 08:55
.

Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 18 Jan 2013, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 68
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 13:17
str1der wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
MoKi wrote:

You are right but I think Mudit was also referring to EA invites (standard confusion between R1 and EA :) )

FYI.. I was part of a Tuck online chat this morning and the admissions coordinator re-iterated that interview invites can go out anytime between application deadline and the decision day.


Thanks. I was referring to the EA. I am an Indian applicant and was getting a bit worried seeing all the Indian invites :)


Mudit - although I would want to remain optimistic and ask you to do the same, I'm afraid I need to quell some perceptions here. I am a reapplicant from last year, so can add some value in that regard.

No one from India reported interviews on this forum AFTER the events scheduled in India had already happened. Last year they didn't come to Delhi, and a couple of people I know actually flew down to Mumbai for their interviews, while others Skyped. There was only one Indian who reported an interview invitation in Dec via skype, but he didn't mention if he got it in nov or dec - his post was ambiguous. Other international candidates will definitely get calls but for Indians my friend, I am afraid the curtains are more or less drawn. If one of us gets a non event interview now, it would be an exception than the norm.

Also, a few weeks ago when I saw my app status as incomplete despite having submitted everything, I called the admissions office. Among other things, she told me that your app is already being read as you are a reapplicant and from India where we are visiting soon. So it is highly probable that all Indian applicant files have already been evaluated.

Hope this makes sense.


Hi Str1der,

Does this mean that I should also not expect an interview invite? I am from Pakistan and although Tuck did not schedule any event here, I think I will eventually be lumped along with the Indian applicants. So, maybe my app has already been reviewed?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 14:01
icecube6000 wrote:
Hi Str1der,

Does this mean that I should also not expect an interview invite? I am from Pakistan and although Tuck did not schedule any event here, I think I will eventually be lumped along with the Indian applicants. So, maybe my app has already been reviewed?


Hi icecube6000,

At the risk of poking my nose here, I highly doubt if adcom would lump any two countries together just because they share a border on the map. The socio-political and economic conditions of the two countries are very different and the school would be losing out on real diversity if they did that. What Str1der says makes complete sense given the adcom's visit to India but I don't think they would put you into the same bucket. You may or may not have a reason to worry but in my opinion, this is not it.

In full-disclosure: I am an Indian too (albeit living in the US). Frankly, I would be very interested to know your experiences studying and working in Pakistan and I hope we get to sit in the same class some day :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 21
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 04:24
MoKi wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I couldn't find anything on tuck about the deadline for recommenders. HBS for example has said clearly that they will consider a small delay, i.e. one day. Does anyone knows about tuck? This is my last app, and the first one my recommenders did not meet the deadline...




Well I can speak for myself.

Both of my recommendations were submitted 3 to 5 days after the official deadline. I think Tuck Adcom does understand that most recommenders are very busy, like in my case, my boss could only submit it on the weekend.

Hope this helps.


It is one of those things where the adcom doesn't want to give an answer that could let applicants overlook rules and deadlines but they might let you on the boat as long as you don't appear too negligent. Despite all the advance notices you can give, recommendations are ultimately out of your control and I think they get that.

If I were you, I would drop in a mail to the adcom explaining the situation and get a confirmation from them (esp if the delay is only a few hours), just to sleep better !


My recommenders submitted one day after the deadline. I sent an email asking about it, and in a few hours I received the reply from the admissions office, confirming they will consider my application in the November round. Thanks for the advice

Posted from my mobile device Image
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 572
Location: United States
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 13:56
Ward2012 wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Gumbymc wrote:
For those who have visited from NYC - do you recommend taking the Dartmouth Coach? Also, did you guys have to stay 2 nights since it seems all of the bus/train options leave early in the morning?


I've investigated the NYC-Hanover transportation options thoroughly and I think the Dartmouth Coach is the best way, but it does mean you need to miss at least two days of work, which is a pain.

The other options are:

1) flying, but you have to connect in Boston and then fly into Lebanon airport which is 5 miles away. it's a lot of travel time including getting to and from the airport, and waiting around for the connection. Also, the flight is expensive. And if you're a miles junkie like me, you'll cringe at the BOS-LEB leg since Cape Air doesn't seem to be affiliated with any major mileage programs.

2) train into White River Junction, VT, but the train only leaves once a day and takes over 6 hours

3) driving yourself--this is obviously the most flexible option and will probably be what I do because on the day that I'm going, I have to leave in the evening. But four hours sounds like a long and tiring drive to make (at least for me.)


I'll throw in another option from NYC, which is what I ended up picking for my trip up to Tuck next weekend:

4) Fly into Burlington, VT (Delta & JetBlue have nonstops) and then make the 1 hr and 40 min drive to Hanover, NH. It works for me because I have an event on the night that I have to leave for Hanover, so the late night flights after 10pm that Delta & JetBlue have will allow me to go to my event and head up to Hanover in time for the start of the Diversity weekend the next morning.


A couple more options from NYC

5) Fly CapeAir from White Plains to Lebanon, NH which is 4 miles from Hanover. I didn't see this before because the flight doesn't run every day and wasn't running the day I needed to get to Hanover

6) Fly into Manchester, NH and make the 1 hour and 20 min drive to Hanover.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2012, 20:45
Hey everyone, I am an Indian reapplicant, applied two years back and was invited to interview. I was waitlisted and rejected eventually. In one of the posts, Dawna Clarke has mentioned that they may use previous interview evaluation for reapplicants. I have not been invited to interview this time.i although want to stay optimistic but would still want to know if they had actually accepted any reapplicant without interviewing again. Can any one shed some light?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 17:31
str1der wrote:
Revelations at the New Delhi information session

1. almost 50-60% of the class is decided by the November round. Offers made are more in EA than in any other round
2. January round is the biggest in terms of number of applicants - is hence also the most competitive if you put point 1 in conjunction here
3. The admissions team member said that rather than apply in January, she would urge the applicant to try EA next year, given how statistically the chances are better
4. Tuck prefers to meet you face to face, a Skype is a last resort ALWAYS


I surely hope that what you are saying is correct for all applicants and not just Indians. This gives me hope, as I am an int. reapplicant from the January Round. I was WLed up until the last moment. Hopefully an improvement on my candidacy + applying in the EA round will get me in this time around. Hopefuly the fact that I havent been invited to interview is related to your previous post.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2012
Posts: 19
Location: Hong Kong
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 17:52
For all those applied EA and done self-initiated interview, what else could we do except for waiting for 14Dec to come? (I've run out of questions for the Adcom, :P)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 22:42
Does anyone know who from admissions was at the Tuck Delhi reception ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 23:37
autumnbubble1 wrote:
For all those applied EA and done self-initiated interview, what else could we do except for waiting for 14Dec to come? (I've run out of questions for the Adcom, :P)


I'm wondering if you're one half of the Chinese couple I met Tuck for the self-initiated interview.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 09:38
str1der wrote:
Mukaam wrote:
Hey everyone, I am an Indian reapplicant, applied two years back and was invited to interview. I was waitlisted and rejected eventually. In one of the posts, Dawna Clarke has mentioned that they may use previous interview evaluation for reapplicants. I have not been invited to interview this time.i although want to stay optimistic but would still want to know if they had actually accepted any reapplicant without interviewing again. Can any one shed some light?

Posted from my mobile device Image


Hey - if I am not mistaken, you are the girl who was doing Teach For India or something similar right, post the MBA Admissions ordeal last time round? Had read your blog and it was very helpful, and well written.

I attended the Tuck reception in Delhi recently. There was a reapplicant there from last year who asked the same question. He was told that they in all probability will not re interview a reapplicant, unless the previous interview they had was bad/a disaster. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tuck treats only those who applied the last year as true re applicants - so if you applied in 2010, your application will be treated as completely new.

What I mean by a true re applicant is that you need to submit only 1 new LOR - which means they WILL compare both your present and last year application for sure. By law, a school has to keep your application on record for 2 years.


Hey,

Yes I am that girl! I have been to your blog before knowing you here.

Based on your comment, it gives me some relief that they really dont prefer interviewing applicants again. I am also wondering however if I am not a "true reapplicant" then may be I should keep in mind that the worst case scenario is still applicable to me.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 10:32
http://tuckschool.blogspot.in/2011/06/reapplicants.html

I hope this is useful to other re-applicants like myself waiting for an interview invite. Cheers!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 66
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: 1440 Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 11:01
Hello everyone,

Just finished my Skype-aided interview with Tuck. Very formal but cool. No tricky questions, pretty straightforward as expected.

Now the one month long wait begins. Hope it turns out well for all of us here.

All the best for future applicants.
_________________

Vanishing Nerd

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 12:52
All of the interview slots / class visits are now all booked up until December 7. Are they going to be releasing more spots for December?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 27

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 16:25
renegade1 wrote:
All of the interview slots / class visits are now all booked up until December 7. Are they going to be releasing more spots for December?


You could send a mail to the ad-com asking the same. They might be able to fit you in somewhere.

I'm assuming you're applying in Jan round so you technically have time until 31st Jan. It is possible that they are opening the schedule on a rolling 4-week basis - in any case, it can't hurt to ask.
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2012, 16:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
17 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants wiseguyMBA 637 14 Aug 2009, 07:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  60    Next  [ 1188 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.