Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Does the application status change after the interview ? I had my interview more than a month back, but my status on my online application still just says "Submitted".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
For the January applicants, how disadvantageous is it, if we don't visit campus and do an interview there? Someone told me that it's "insanely difficult" to get into tuck without visiting to do a self-initiated interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
For the January applicants, how disadvantageous is it, if we don't visit campus and do an interview there? Someone told me that it's "insanely difficult" to get into tuck without visiting to do a self-initiated interview.

That totally depends on where you are located right now. If you're in US and chose not to visit, it may raise a few eyebrows. It could make the adcom wonder if you're a casual applicant who hasn't done his part to find out enough about Tuck. You could earn points by attending info-sessions and contacting students/alums and they might let you pass if you are an otherwise strong applicant. It is a different story if you're an international.

Tuck is very particular about fit and they don't want to admit someone who is not comfortable with their sense of community and tradition. They look to see if you have demonstrated an interest to find that for yourself.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MoKi wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

That totally depends on where you are located right now. If you're in US and chose not to visit, it may raise a few eyebrows. It could make the adcom wonder if you're a casual applicant who hasn't done his part to find out enough about Tuck. You could earn points by attending info-sessions and contacting students/alums and they might let you pass if you are an otherwise strong applicant. It is a different story if you're an international.

Tuck is very particular about fit and they don't want to admit someone who is not comfortable with their sense of community and tradition. They look to see if you have demonstrated an interest to find that for yourself.

Thanks for this. I'm in the U.S. but not in the east coast. I have attended an info session in my home city and have talked to a current student. Not sure if this is enough, but i get the strong impression that i may need to visit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:

Thanks for this. I'm in the U.S. but not in the east coast. I have attended an info session in my home city and have talked to a current student. Not sure if this is enough, but i get the strong impression that i may need to visit.

School visits work both ways too. I initially was hesitant on applying to Tuck prior my visit and afterwards I did a complete 180. I'm based in SF btw.

I feel like the admissions event do not show enough about the school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
MoKi wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I did not self-initiate an interview, but specifically mentioned that I would come visit if the adcom was interested in my candidacy. As in, let them express interest first and ask for an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I did not self-initiate an interview, but specifically mentioned that I would come visit if the adcom was interested in my candidacy. As in, let them express interest first and ask for an interview.

I know someone on last years forum was accepted doing just that. If I remember correctly, the application specifically asked you to explain why you haven't completed an interview. Tell them the time, schedule, money or whatever didn't work out before the deadline, but you would love the opportunity to interview at a later date. I think if you are a good match for Tuck, they will reach out to you for an interview. It would only be an application killer if you live in Boston. Make sure to pay particular attention to "fit" on your application, since you haven't demonstrated your enthusiasm by making the trek to New-freaking-Hampshire like most of the other domestic applicants will have.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any November round interview invites out yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I just received the interview invite! They insist on visiting campus, but they gave the Skype option

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I just received the interview invite! They insist on visiting campus, but they gave the Skype option

Posted from my mobile device

Wow! All the best for your interview!

Waiting for the India invites to start rolling out :)...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
I just received an interview invite. Does every get an invite??
Does the invite mean that my application was reviewed and they liked it?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sandy0077 wrote:

It definitely means that they liked your application! Best of Luck for the interview!
Could you let us know where you're located?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
MBAWanderlust wrote:
sandy0077 wrote:

It definitely means that they liked your application! Best of Luck for the interview!
Could you let us know where you're located?

For other schools I wouldn't have asked that question, but Tuck works differently with interviews I guess.
Thanks anyways !! I am from New Delhi, India.
I am considering visiting for an on-campus interview. I hope I get a visa !!
All the best to you too!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
I just got an invite for interview (November round applicant).. I got myself registered for an interview on 8th Jan :)..

Originally posted by sasankadc on 04 Dec 2012, 13:30.
Last edited by sasankadc on 04 Dec 2012, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
are any interviewees consortium candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all! Does anybody have an idea how interview invite from Tuck should be treated? It is quite straightforward for other schools – welcome to the 2nd round, but for Tuck with their self-initiated interviews… Do they just try level the playground for candidates who potentially have chances to be admitted (based on some formal criteria such as GMAT/GPA), or does it means that they are really interested in you?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
EVK wrote:
Hi all! Does anybody have an idea how interview invite from Tuck should be treated? It is quite straightforward for other schools – welcome to the 2nd round, but for Tuck with their self-initiated interviews… Do they just try level the playground for candidates who potentially have chances to be admitted (based on some formal criteria such as GMAT/GPA), or does it means that they are really interested in you?

If you elect not to schedule an on-campus interview, and they invite you, then it's a good sign. If you elect not to interview and aren't invited, you're not going to be admitted.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts