Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 11:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 00:30
bigcountry wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
Hey guys. I noticed on the Tuck application that they want the official gmat score report by the deadline. The other schools just require self-report, so this is worrying me since Tuck was not one of the 5 schools i reported on test day to get my score. How big of a problem is this? If i pay GMAT to send the report, it will take about a week to get to Tuck.

If it's a day or two late, I can imagine that they'll let it slide. Probably best to email the adcom about it, though (assuming you went to mba.com and sent them tonight!)

Also, the scores normally take less than a week. Mine took 3 business days for two of my schools, and 4 for another. Hopefully that relieves some anxiety :)

Sure did, chief. I e-mailed tuck admissions right away with my situation and offered to e-mail them a scanned copy of my official score report for them to look at before the report gets there. And I made my payment on mba.com right away.

I made the same mistake with mit sloan, which is frustrating because on their application, it does not say that they need the offical score report by deadline. I just found this out by looking at the Q&A on their website. Ugh. I really hope the scores get there by next Friday. Monday and Tuesday are holidays, so that does worry me.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:00
I actually didn't order my score report until the day before the November deadline; it showed up as being received on my app status a couple of weeks later. I don't think it really matters too much so long as they get it.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 11:58
stoweker wrote:
I actually didn't order my score report until the day before the November deadline; it showed up as being received on my app status a couple of weeks later. I don't think it really matters too much so long as they get it.

They're also really fast. I forgot Tuck didn't have my score, so I sent a report yesterday and Tuck got it today. Obviously send it in promptly though! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 13:04
Hi Guys,

I have been invited for Tuck on Campus interview and I was supposed to send my resume 5 business days prior to my interview.

I completely forgot that and sent my resume around 3-4 business days prior to the interview.

In my mail to Tuck admission office, i have just sent the resume and did not mention anything about the delay.

Is this something to be worried about?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 13:07
sasankadc wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have been invited for Tuck on Campus interview and I was supposed to send my resume 5 business days prior to my interview.

I completely forgot that and sent my resume around 3-4 business days prior to the interview.

In my mail to Tuck admission office, i have just sent the resume and did not mention anything about the delay.

Is this something to be worried about?

I forgot to send my resume in for my interview (applicant initiated), but I had my resume on-hand for the interview. No one brought it up so I think you'll be fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 15:20
"We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses."

Do we think a 502 word and a 524 word essay would be a big issue?????
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 15:35
hookemhorns612 wrote:
"We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses."

Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm also a prospective student, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Almost every school says they do not count the number of words in your essays; I am sure a 5% overage is barely, if at all, perceptible to the reader.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 19:35
kingfalcon wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm also a prospective student, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Almost every school says they do not count the number of words in your essays; I am sure a 5% overage is barely, if at all, perceptible to the reader.

As an EA admit this year, I submitted essays of approximately the same length, just slightly over 500 (505-520). Don't think it's a big deal at all. Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 20:59
Bigblue1010 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

As an EA admit this year, I submitted essays of approximately the same length, just slightly over 500 (505-520). Don't think it's a big deal at all. Hope this helps.

awesome thanks! worries alleviated
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 08:58
I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I did do the optional essay for Tuck and wrote about my quantitative weakness (C in Calc in college, 66% on the quant part of the GMAT). I talked about how I've mainly worked in finance since graduating and have succeeded in doing so, specifically in being placed to manage a small finance project (I work in consulting) recently. I'm only used about 150 words, so I'm hoping I made my point without being excessive.

I guess we'll see in a couple of months, since I applied for the January round.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 23:25
suecone8 wrote:
I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I did do the optional essay for Tuck and wrote about my quantitative weakness (C in Calc in college, 66% on the quant part of the GMAT). I talked about how I've mainly worked in finance since graduating and have succeeded in doing so, specifically in being placed to manage a small finance project (I work in consulting) recently. I'm only used about 150 words, so I'm hoping I made my point without being excessive.

Man, that was a great idea -- wish I had thought it with my November-round application!

My quant score was also quite low on the GMAT (I don't know why but I never do well on those types of questions) despite working for 5 years in a quant-heavy position in M&A finance/accounting consulting. My college transcript doesn't show a grade for calculus (appears as a transfer credit) since I was able to receive college credit at a local community college for the calculus classes I did in HS.

Oh well -- what's done is done. Let's hope it turns out OK
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
GPA: 3.67

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 08:04
Do we receive a confirmation email from Tuck stating that the application is now complete?? or that they now have all the required components of the application?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 08:53
brosnan6 wrote:
suecone8 wrote:

Man, that was a great idea -- wish I had thought it with my November-round application!

My quant score was also quite low on the GMAT (I don't know why but I never do well on those types of questions) despite working for 5 years in a quant-heavy position in M&A finance/accounting consulting. My college transcript doesn't show a grade for calculus (appears as a transfer credit) since I was able to receive college credit at a local community college for the calculus classes I did in HS.

Oh well -- what's done is done. Let's hope it turns out OK

I don't think this is a big issue. I'm in a similar situation/career path and got in EA with a 63% Q score. I think they will look past it given your career credentials.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 23:19
Is Tuck still sending out Round 1 interview invites? Anybody receive anything in January?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 00:40
messi10 wrote:
Is Tuck still sending out Round 1 interview invites? Anybody receive anything in January?

I applied for R1 and still waiting, as my online status remains "submitted". would be great to hear from others as well!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 09:28
rcha129 wrote:
Do we receive a confirmation email from Tuck stating that the application is now complete?? or that they now have all the required components of the application?

there is a confirmation email once you've submitted your application. there is also a "completed" date/time as a status (under where it says submitted), although there wasn't an email that said so (at least i didn't receive such an email). hope that helps!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 18:19
Guys, on the biographical essay for scholarship application, anyone could give some insights/hints on how this essay should be structured? Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V49
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
omnivorous wrote:
Guys, on the biographical essay for scholarship application, anyone could give some insights/hints on how this essay should be structured? Thanks!

The essay is meant to help match your background (geography, professional interests, experiences, etc.) with the various scholarships.

If you receive a merit scholarship, you'll be told an amount. But that amount could be made up of one, two, or more scholarships. Each scholarship may or may not have specific stipulations (for example, a scholarship could focus on students with an interest in a specific field). So really, try to put down as much as you can about yourself (in a cohesive, concise manner).
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 21:55
gjm8q wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

The essay is meant to help match your background (geography, professional interests, experiences, etc.) with the various scholarships.

If you receive a merit scholarship, you'll be told an amount. But that amount could be made up of one, two, or more scholarships. Each scholarship may or may not have specific stipulations (for example, a scholarship could focus on students with an interest in a specific field). So really, try to put down as much as you can about yourself (in a cohesive, concise manner).

This is extremely helpful, thanks! Just submitted the biographical essay right before the Jan 10 deadline.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 00:01
Is it all over for R1 applicants who haven't received interview invites? I recall someone on this forum reporting they had received I review invite in December itself.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2013, 00:01