Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 13:11
Thanks Prorsum and Moki for the super fast replies!

Prorsum--wow, you are fast. Thanks for motivating me to start thinking about housing...I'd think you are totally fine if they already acknowledged receipt of your other material.

Moki--I guess you are right about the money being taken out already! :-D Thanks for sharing about your call, I'll sit tight and wait for them to confirm our enrollment later this week.

Thank you & see youguys in Hanover!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 14:18
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

As a side note I'm not a King (just in case jeje)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 625

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 14:25
bluegmat700 wrote:
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

If this is the biggest mistake you made in your application, you'll be just fine.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 14:33
bluegmat700 wrote:

Automatic ding. Sorry.

JK, i really doubt that will come into play
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 14:48
kingfalcon & prorsum thanks for the quick reply , my nerves are all over the place!
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 191 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 16:51
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

My Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/
Most Recent Post: Time to Catch Up Updated: 1/9/14

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 06:55
BrownBunny wrote:
Question to admits who paid the enrollment deposit:
Does anything happen once you pay the deposit, other than the printable receipt becoming available & the "congrats you successfully paid" window popping up in your application?

That's all I got so far. I'm assuming that's o.k. but just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else...

As one more data point - I accepted and paid my enrollment fee on Tuesday night (around 10pm ET) and just this morning (530am ET) got an email from them saying 'Welcome to the Tuck Class of 2015." I take this as their acknowledgement.

I look forward to meeting other T'15ers at ASW in April.
Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 08:48
Prudence wrote:
alcalde wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)

My thoughts exactly :-D

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 09:27
You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly :-D[/quote]

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?[/quote]

Mexican in Cali!
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 11:53
hamm0 wrote:
Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

I actually visited Tuck in April of 2011 even though I didn't apply until Fall of 2012...talk about early! Take this for what it's worth, and I would call to make sure, but during my Q&A session (since it was April, I registered for class visit, no interview) the Adcom member said she realized that it's a tough trip and that if I were applying in the Fall of 2011 they could have done the interview while I was there. I think it's worth exploring, but if you plan on interviewing, make sure you've got a good resume ready and you have some career goals in mind, because whatever you say in your interview should match your career goals essay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 13:46
alcalde wrote:
You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)

My thoughts exactly :-D[/quote]

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?[/quote]

Mexican in Cali![/quote]

Best of luck on your apps!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 58

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 09:45
Congrats to all the deposit-paying, ASW-anticipating, brand new Tuckies. We are thrilled to have you.

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 58

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 09:46
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 14:39
CobraKai wrote:
hamm0 wrote:
Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

I actually visited Tuck in April of 2011 even though I didn't apply until Fall of 2012...talk about early! Take this for what it's worth, and I would call to make sure, but during my Q&A session (since it was April, I registered for class visit, no interview) the Adcom member said she realized that it's a tough trip and that if I were applying in the Fall of 2011 they could have done the interview while I was there. I think it's worth exploring, but if you plan on interviewing, make sure you've got a good resume ready and you have some career goals in mind, because whatever you say in your interview should match your career goals essay.

I'm going to tuck next week for my on-campus interview. How important do you think the interview is, given that anyone can do one? I thought my tuck essays were the weakest out of all the schools i applied to, so i'm hoping that a great interview can sort of compensate for the essays.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 625

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 14:51
Shawshank wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
hamm0 wrote:

I'm going to tuck next week for my on-campus interview. How important do you think the interview is, given that anyone can do one? I thought my tuck essays were the weakest out of all the schools i applied to, so i'm hoping that a great interview can sort of compensate for the essays.

I've interviewed at a few places and I thought my Tuck interview was the one that focused the most on FIT, which is exactly what I had heard coming in from current students and alums.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 18:45
Anyone else feel that 3/15 can't come soon enough? Glad I'm traveling a lot for work lately :)

If any current students are reading: how does the school feel about visits post-application and interview? I'm thinking of going skiing sometime soon and would love to stop by Tuck on the way there or back. There's also a conference coming up that I was considering attending. However, I don't want to seem over anxious, I'm just really enthusiastic about the opportunity to attend. Do you think another visit would be overdoing it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 30

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 20:05
Can anybody give advice on the best place to stay - heading out to Tuck for an interview.

I've seen the hotels on the school's website, but they're crazy expensive. Does the school have a hookup of some sort on a discounted rate
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 20:16
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Can anybody give advice on the best place to stay - heading out to Tuck for an interview.

I've seen the hotels on the school's website, but they're crazy expensive. Does the school have a hookup of some sort on a discounted rate

Hanover Inn has a discount for those interviewing at tuck. It's $159/night. Still a bit pricy for hanover but i couldn't find anything cheaper.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 20:30
Shawshank wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Hanover Inn has a discount for those interviewing at tuck. It's $159/night. Still a bit pricy for hanover but i couldn't find anything cheaper.

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Lebanon (~5 mins away from school) for around $130 in October, if I recall correctly. There was a Residence Inn in a similar price range that was a few minutes further away
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 06:16
brosnan6 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Lebanon (~5 mins away from school) for around $130 in October, if I recall correctly. There was a Residence Inn in a similar price range that was a few minutes further away

$209/nt for jan 23-24 at courtyard

$159/nt at residence inn
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2013, 06:16