Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 16:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 07:55
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

Thanks LRW.

I think I'll just wait till the app comes out to visit then!

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 17:51
bigcountry wrote:
Anyone else feel that 3/15 can't come soon enough? Glad I'm traveling a lot for work lately :)

Same, really want that March date to see if I inevitably wasted a deposit elsewhere :lol: . I, luckily, am travelling a lot, too. It really really helps.

RE: LODGING:
I stayed across the river in White River Junction, very inexpensive ~100-130 a night and nice. Quick commute over in the morning.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 19:12
Does the admission committee confirm that they received you resume for the self initiated interview? I sent mine a couple of days ago and have not heard anything back, I'm interviewing next Thursday, any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 22:36
thanks for all the pointers on where to stay - I just assumed the on campus hotels would be cheap. Guess I'll have to stay a little further away.

Did you guys walk over or do they have shuttles to Tuck?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)

Kudos [?]: 172 [0], given: 50

Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 05:19
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?

Regards
SD
-----------------------------
Press Kudos if you like my post.
Debrief 610-540-580-710(Long Journey): from-600-540-580-710-finally-achieved-in-4th-attempt-142456.html

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 19:25
Guys, when could we anticipate the date of interview invite for R3 internationals? My app was marked as "completed" on Jan 14.
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 21:21
bluegmat700 wrote:
Does the admission committee confirm that they received you resume for the self initiated interview? I sent mine a couple of days ago and have not heard anything back, I'm interviewing next Thursday, any insight on this?

Thanks in advance!!

I didn't get a confirmation when I emailed it in. In fact, when I arrived I was asked if I had a copy of my resume, which I did. My interviewer skimmed it over in front of me and didn't have a chance to read it beforehand. Best bet is to bring an extra hard copy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 00:36
hamm0 wrote:
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

Thanks LRW.

I think I'll just wait till the app comes out to visit then!

I agree with LadyRoadWarrior. If you want to truly understand culture and have time/$ to visit twice do it. It will get you better prepared for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 00:41
CobraKai wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

I didn't get a confirmation when I emailed it in. In fact, when I arrived I was asked if I had a copy of my resume, which I did. My interviewer skimmed it over in front of me and didn't have a chance to read it beforehand. Best bet is to bring an extra hard copy.

I wouldn't worry about it. Admissions is pretty good about the resumes and during busy times they receive a lot of them. Just have a copy of it with you to be on a safer side.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 05:35
eestineiu wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

I wouldn't worry about it. Admissions is pretty good about the resumes and during busy times they receive a lot of them. Just have a copy of it with you to be on a safer side.

CobraKai & eestineiu

Thanks for the feedback I'll make sure to bring along some printed copies just in case. Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 07:49
Booked the Six South hotel for $99 bucks. At first they said they could do something around 150 and I said I'd look elsewhere at which point I go the "on the whim" rate. Apparently walking distance to Tuck so I'm ok with it. Now on to actually prepping for this thing!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 08:40
I stayed at Norwich Inn

http://www.yelp.com/biz/norwich-inn-norwich-2

~$180 per night. Very rustic. There is a free shuttle that takes you right to the Dartmouth Coach station.

Not going to lie, its gonna be a big change moving from SF to Hanover. I couldn't get a taxi when I arrived (3pm on a Wednesday)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Account Management (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 01:05
SOURH7WK wrote:
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?

Same question here. Does anyone know?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 18:54
Equil1briuM wrote:
SOURH7WK wrote:

Same question here. Does anyone know?

Same. Seems the deadline for Jan Round interview is Jan 31, only a week away. If any internationals get invites, please let us know.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '16
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 01:59
Hey,
Same for me. International applicant based in Europe. I did apply in Round 2, didn't receive any feedback from them at the moment, and was wondering if it would be useful to visit the school in February (and ask for an interview in the same time). I guess they are more restrictive in granting off campus interviews, compared to Kellogg for ex..
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 13:49
Has anyone done the interview yet? Mine is Friday, and I'm leaving work early tomorrow to fly out to NH.

I've read that the interviews are fairly standard (ask about resume, why Tuck, why MBA, why now, questions about fit, etc). I'm definitely making sure I'm prepared in that respect, but anyone have a different experience? I read that the on-campus interviews are done by second year students. A co-worker just went and said that the interviewer was very friendly, which is heartening.

Though I'm nervous for the interview, I am really excited to go visit Tuck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 4

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 19:24
suecone8 wrote:
Has anyone done the interview yet? Mine is Friday, and I'm leaving work early tomorrow to fly out to NH.

I've read that the interviews are fairly standard (ask about resume, why Tuck, why MBA, why now, questions about fit, etc). I'm definitely making sure I'm prepared in that respect, but anyone have a different experience? I read that the on-campus interviews are done by second year students. A co-worker just went and said that the interviewer was very friendly, which is heartening.

Though I'm nervous for the interview, I am really excited to go visit Tuck!

I recently had my on-campus interview at Tuck. It was with a second-year student and pretty laid back. No curveballs. I was asked how I would contribute to Tuck, both inside and outside the classroom, so have specific clubs and examples in mind. Most importantly though, the Tuck interview, unlike Sloan, is about fit rather than accomplishments. Make sure your answers tie in teamwork and community, which are core principles behind what Tuck is about. I also talked about why i'm ready to go to a small school in the middle of nowhere even though I live in a big city now. But overall, it's laid-back and enjoyable. I was very impressed with Tuck.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 07:15
Have their been any cases of applicants gettin into tuck without interview?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 07:50
hselika wrote:
Have their been any cases of applicants gettin into tuck without interview?

Posted from my mobile device Image

This has been asked before about many schools, and the answer is still...no.

http://tuckschool.blogspot.com/2012/02/ask-dawna-ive-been-wait-listednow-what.html?showComment=1331668028525#c7459197610482735893

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:58
Chupacabra wrote:
Officialy turned down Tuck this week....It was a very extremely tough choice, but as many people on here have said "you have to be passionate about the program." I thought the school and everyone I met seemed extremely nice, intelligent and welcoming, but in the end I just didn't think it was a great fit. Best of luck to everyone applying and hopefully I just made someone on the waitlist very happy!

Good luck homes. And thanks for opening up a space for someone else at Tuck. All your schools are awesome!
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2013, 18:58