Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 43

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 08:21
atlas7 wrote:
Hi,

I just started reading this thread. Have the interview invites for R2 started rolling out?
I am an international applicant and did not self-initiate an on-campus interview. Does that lessen my chances of getting an invite/admit?

Thanks.

Hello, welcome to the forum!
As an international applicant myself, thought I'd might help you out.
I'm from Brazil, also did not schedule a self-initiated interview on campus (I could not travel to Hanover in time), and got my invite on January 28th. I believe this shows that you can definately move forward without a self-initiated interview. Having said that, I believe that by "Round 2" you mean the January round, right? I've seen in this forum people getting invited to interview by the school in different dates for the January round, which leads me to believe that Tuck does not send all invites neither on one particular day, nor in waves. But that is just a guess.
I do not think that you should lose hope if you didn't get an invite thus far. There's still one month to go before the decision release, so there is time. But regardless of what might happen, I don't think that as an international applicant, not going to Hanover automatically kills all your chances. If (and may God forbid!) you are unsuccessful, it will probably have more to do with you application, than the fact of not going to Hanover.

Best of luck to you!
bizwiz84
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 06:56
suecone8 wrote:
So. Is it March 15th yet? This waiting thing is the worst.

True. I have had a self-initiated interview in October and then submitted my application in January round. In most schools you start the process submitting an application - and here this is a kind of a final step. Then you just wait...

I feel like I somewhat lack this "connection" to the school after the application was submitted... I really enjoyed the place, the visit experience, students were really nice and interesting - and then you just don't know where you stand. Maybe my application is already used to build up a fire in some cold Hanover house's fireplace...
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 07:13
Kjar wrote:
Maybe my application is already used to build up a fire in some cold Hanover house's fireplace...

Well that's depressing imagery. But, if you write like that, maybe your essays were great and they're just waiting until March to give you the good news!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 8

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 07:16
suecone8 wrote:
But, if you write like that, maybe your essays were great and they're just waiting until March to give you the good news!

And that's the problem - nobody knows till March 15 or, I hope, a day earlier :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 14:14
FedEx letters will come soon, within the week.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 15:31
suecone8 wrote:
So. Is it March 15th yet? This waiting thing is the worst.

Given the fact that Tuck receives only 500-600 apps per round, there is no reason for them to take 2.5 months to release the decisions. My guess is they probably do it for yield management purposes, which is insane.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 16:07
hailmary620 wrote:

Given the fact that Tuck receives only 500-600 apps per round, there is no reason for them to take 2.5 months to release the decisions. My guess is they probably do it for yield management purposes, which is insane.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Well, keep in mind that the rounds over lap, so even though the January Round deadline was Jan 3, they probably weren't able to turn their full attention to these apps until after the Feb 8 decision date for the November Round.

They're not like schools with only three Rounds who only have one batch going at a time, i.e. Round 1 Due in Oct, decisions released in December, Round 2 Due in Jan, decisions released in March, etc, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (S)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 12:42
If I've applied to the Jan round w/o applicant initiated interview and I haven't received school initiated interview yet - may I say that I am dinged?

BTW int'l applicant here.
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 15:20
bizwiz84 wrote:
reddevil00 wrote:
If I've applied to the Jan round w/o applicant initiated interview and I haven't received school initiated interview yet - may I say that I am dinged?

BTW int'l applicant here.

Be positive!!! Things are not over until the fat lady sings!

Agree with Bizwiz - especially since you're an international applicant. Much easier to arrange a skype interview a couple of days later (especially since applicant initiated interviews are over for the January Round) rather than if you a domestic applicant that had to book a flight to Hanover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 09:31
Have any other admits received emails from Tuck faculty?

A Tuck professor reached out to me by email and we talked on the phone this morning. Apparently, he was given the task of selling me on the program and he's an expert in my general field. We do this type of thing all the time in consulting after we give someone a job offer, but I didn't know business schools did it.

I told him the truth. Tuck is my top choice and if my fiancee can find a post-doc at Darmouth, I will probably accept the offer.
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:36
HinConsulting wrote:

A Tuck professor reached out to me by email and we talked on the phone this morning. Apparently, he was given the task of selling me on the program and he's an expert in my general field. We do this type of thing all the time in consulting after we give someone a job offer, but I didn't know business schools did it.

I told him the truth. Tuck is my top choice and if my fiancee can find a post-doc at Darmouth, I will probably accept the offer.

They really want you there. Out of curiousity, why are you still applying to other schools? Tuck is ranked higher than every other school you are applying to?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 1540 Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 9

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 11:53
hailmary620 wrote:
HinConsulting wrote:

They really want you there. Out of curiousity, why are you still applying to other schools? Tuck is ranked higher than every other school you are applying to?

I'm not applying to any more schools, I'm just waiting to find out about interviews/admissions now.

I won't commit to anything yet because there's a chance that my fiancee won't find a post-doc at Dartmouth and I'm willing to go to a school that's lower on my list if it means keeping my family together. It's also possible that Tuck doesn't offer my the Consortium Fellowship but any school does offer money, then I'd have to weigh my options carefully. Ceteris paribus, I will go to Tuck.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Account Management (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 01:42
omnivorous wrote:
Equil1briuM wrote:
SOURH7WK wrote:
Any idea when Tuck starts inviting for off-campus interview for R2 (international) applicants?

Same question here. Does anyone know?

Same. Seems the deadline for Jan Round interview is Jan 31, only a week away. If any internationals get invites, please let us know.

Same here. Applied in R2 but haven't received a word from Tuck. I'ved emailed the admission office and they confirmed that the 31 Jan interview deadline only applied to on-campus interview. For off-campus interview, the interview deadline will be (implicitly near) the decison date in March.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 05:10
Vargen wrote:
So, now I have finally made my decision. I paid the deposit yesterday. It actually felt pretty good to spend those $2,500. Now I'm really looking forward to get started in August. I hope to see many fellow gmatclubbers in Hanover.

Congrats! I am not quite there yet, so I envy that feeling! :lol:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 23:08
Invited to interview! Though chances might be slim for Jan Round internationals, I will give my best shot. Meanwhile, I am curious about the admission rate for international who got invited to interview. Could any international admits please share a thought?
Tuck Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 02:50
omnivorous wrote:
Invited to interview! Though chances might be slim for Jan Round internationals, I will give my best shot. Meanwhile, I am curious about the admission rate for international who got invited to interview. Could any international admits please share a thought?

Congrats! That's definitely a positive sign. I'm not sure what the admission rate for internationals who gets interview invites is. You might want to read the 2012 Tuck Calling All Applicants thread to get some idea.
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 22:19
I submitted my app in round 2 and it still says "completed" and not "under review"? Anything alarming?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 04:11
hailmary620 wrote:
I submitted my app in round 2 and it still says "completed" and not "under review"? Anything alarming?

I think the status will only be changed till you get an interview invitation or ding
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 14

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 09:26
I have no idea how I'm going to survive the next 17 days. I already want to throw up.

Tuck, please say yes!
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:39
I have been seeing lot of Tuck related dreams lately, some good and some bad. Does any know what area code do calls come from?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2013, 10:39